"GoFlight Products Now Compatible with FS 2020" - Really? - YES, kind of

daintierocean3 is probally correct.
i found this website that might help.

also there was a service pack 2for fsx which might have the correct c++
this fault is a win 10 issue apparantly, and it affects other apps too.
ill see what c++ redist are on my pc and my simconnect version when I can get onto my pc later.

2 Likes

Win 10 uses newer Visual C++ libraries, where as FSX (and add-ons) requires older ones.

My error appears to be due to the old 32bit SimConnect for FSX can’t be found.

Activation context generation failed for “C:\Program Files (x86)\GoFlight\GFDevFSX.exe”. Dependent Assembly Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect,processorArchitecture=“x86”,publicKeyToken=“67c7c14424d61b5b”,type=“win32”,version=“10.0.61259.0” could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

I rely on the SimConnect that I use with MSFS for a number of things, i.e., Navigraph, my EFB on my IPad. Don’t want to screw with those valuable tools by installing something out of date.

Maybe I’ll just wait until GoFlight is back and produces a reliable connection to MSFS.

GOT IT WORKING! I remembered FSX had some Service Packs. Once I applied them the devices came alive once I ran the GFDevFSX exe file.

Having some weird querks with initial Altitude and VS doing weird things. More testing required.

1 Like

Well done.
its worth the effort
as I said prev, all modules except efis work fine.
enjoy. my setup below

1 Like

I’ll do some more testing today but I get varying results with difference aircraft. E.g., G1000NXI aircraft: the Alt is set to 99,000’ on the MCP but shows 0’ on the aircraft. I can use the knob on the MCP to change the aircraft value but the value on the MCP is useless.

On all aircraft: the VS on the MCP shows correctly if changed on the aircraft but if adjusted on the MCP I get huge negative values that only grow regardless of turn direction.

All other controls work as expected and the GP46 is working as expected (although I’m surprised by what is displayed in my photo above).

More testing required but I suspect something is also messing with the click spots on the sim and making it difficult to use the aircraft knobs to adjust values.

I was initially excited about being able to use this gear again but if it’s too problematic, I’ll be dumping it. These days I fly a lot in VR, so that negates this sort of gear anyway.

Testing continues …

The NXI doesn’t seem to work properly with lots of external controls. Remember that the NXI is nor in release state yet.

I have the same issues and reverted back to the WT G1000.

Tell me guys, I’ve been testing in FSX just to bring everything back to base level testing for the MCP, which is the only device giving me any issues at the moment.

Everything works as expected except for the VS scroll wheel. Regardless of which way I turn it, it moves in negative values. If I use the scroll wheel on the FSX aircraft, my MCP shows the same values. as soon as I move the scroll wheel on the MCP it reduces the current value by reducing the climb or increasing the descent.

Does this sound like my device has become faulty? I haven’t used it since the release of MSFS and previously (on my old computer, which I no longer have) it behaved flawlessly.

just seen your post
ill check my mcp Pro again and let you know
if I’m having same problem.
i have 2xgf45 as transponder and altimeter.
they work fine.

My goflight works now. I was able to map keystrokes for some of the actions and all modules now work when I the GFDevFSX exe file after the sim started and was at the home screen. my setup is
Seems I have to run the config app as administrator to reassign stuff. works great

Another strange behavior I’ve noticed is when you activate the GoFlight driver, my yoke is a little erratic when turning to the right. With the GoFlight gear not activated, the yoke moves perfectly. At first I thought it was a calibration issue with the yoke but identified it only happens when activating the GoFlight gear.

A bit far fetched, but if these devices share the same USB hub, try separating the yoke from the GoFlight devices or use a USB hub with more power. It could well be a power stability issue.

1 Like

Do I need FSX installed? Fired up goflight and was asking me which one of flight simulators to use. I dont have any. So I tried to create an fsx.exe in a folder. That did not work.

I tried to fire up up GFDevFSX.exe Since I have not installed MSFS22020 yet gave error

So when I install it and should find it???

Heads up when upgrading to Windows 11!
Upgraded to Windows 11. Some of my panels were dark. Had this before. Windows 11 reset all my USB Hubs to “computer controls power to save power”. I unchecked that box and all my panels now work again.

1 Like

Hi All,

For me it works part of…

The P8 is working but my GF 45 display is not working.

What I have done so far for the install

• installed fsx with SP2
  • installed goflight 2.28
  • dropped the GFdevFS.exe to desktop and started under admin rights
  • started msfs2020

I can setup both panels but the GF45 stay’s dark but knobs are working.

For both panels i turned off power management in windows for those devices.

Anybody has an idea why the GF45 display is nor working?

Thanks!

sounds like you did it, but ensure any hubs the gF45 is connected does not have power management selected. My GF45 works, but the right know can make the value go up or down when turning to the right. I think it is just its age. If I turn slowly it tends to work. Fast and the value decrements, like altitude.

good luck

Thanks,

Power managemnt is deselected. Have tried another panel, GF46, but that display is also not working.

What I think is that the return value for the display is not being sent. I don’t have configured sim connect. Does that got something to do with the problem?

Sorry I am at a loss
I do not use simconnect

Thanks for letting me know. Then it should work. Will diggin more…