"GoFlight Products Now Compatible with FS 2020" - Really? - YES, kind of

I just want to check if the latest update has broken your MCP at all? Only altitude works for me now :frowning:

Yup, back to being a paper weight again :frowning:
I’ll need to investrigate over the weekend but just a quick update to FS2020 and I have dashes across all LEDs and no response to GFDevFSX.exe at all. May finally push me to buy PollyPot :slight_smile:

So I’ve noticed since the FBW A320 is now separated from the Asobo A320, the MCP seems to work again with the Asobo, but not FBW…you getting the same?

i have mcp pro,2x t8, p8 lgt 2xgf45 4xgf166, wcp,rp48
all work in fs2020. this was my work around
have an installation of fsx on your pc
have goflight ver2.28 installed.
in goflight folder find GFDevFsx.exe and drag or create shortcut to desktop
click GFDevFsx.exe file nothing appears to happen.
ensure goflight sofware has run as administrator set
(right click the gfconfig.exe file
click properties and compatability tab click run as administrator)
now start goflight config sofware
click file and select simulator info
select fsx( if it asks point it to your fsx folder and the fsx.exe file)
now in right hand pane at the top select the fsx tab (NOT the p3d tab)
prog modules as necc and save the config youve created.
start fs2020
the workaround fools goflight into thinking its running fsx.
only module i havent got working yet is the efis panel but im looking into that
hope this helps others to get goflight panels working

2 Likes

I solved my goflight issues with spad.next

1 Like

Hi! Same here! :unamused: did you get rid of it?

the work around will not work unless you have the fsx. exe file, or full fsx installed on your pc.
goflight config needs to see the fsx. exe in order to be fooled. that’s probally why you get the error. several people have successfully got it working as per my prev posts.

1 Like

Indeed I don’t have Fsx. Tks a lot for your answer! :wink:

Finally shelled out some clams for GIT FS2020 … works well but the simulator is CTD’ing every 15 mins following Sim Updat 5 + Hotfix. I’ll keep at it until the sim starts working again as advertised and then I’ll publish the mappings for my MCP-Pro to the Polly Pot website… S5 has broken a few things that need fixing (e.g. the FlyByWire A320NX). There is an exsiting TBM profile there to download and use for existing GIT FS2020 licensed users. Keep the faith !!

I’m interested in this.
all my goflight panels work as per my prev post except efis in fs2020
i have git for xplane but it’s quite complicated.
don’t know if its better to get git or spad for fs2020 to get efis working.
be nice if someone can create git profiles for mcp Pro and efis panels.
is spad easier than git to program and does either support efis panel

I have GIT, and all is working except for the EFIS. That is because, as far as I know, there is no coding in the SDK to get it’s functionality work with the hardware. Only managed to get the Baro knob to work.

ok thanks.
guess I’ll stick with xplane zibo 737 for ‘heavies’ as git works with that including efis.
hopefully git for fs2020 will eventually support All goflight panels.
untill then ill stick with my goflight config work around (less efis) for fs2020

Do you have your mappings posted? Would love to see how you have used spad.next - does that include the GF-EFIS also?

I have problems connecting Goflight-units to FS2020 in my new FS2020-PC. I installed GFsetup 2.28 and installed GFConfig. GFConfig does see the two units GF -MCP and GF166A. These units are recognised in GFSetup, To detect the flightsimulator I clicked on Flightsimulatorinfo and choose Microsoft Flightsimulator X as advised. The text in the screen remains gray. Clicking on OK does not detect the flightsimulator. Choosing the D:/fs2020 dirctory does not work.
I also tried to get it working by copying the FSX.exe fle frrom my former FS-PC in a FSX directory on my D: -drive. So : D:/FSX/FSX.exe. Selecting that directory does not give a result in recorgnising the FSX.exe file. Does someone know how to configure GFconfig to use the units???

did you select the Gfdevfsx. exe file first.
its in the goflight folder.
see my prev post.
all my panels work ok apart from the efis panel.
goflight config MUST be able to see the fsx. exe file to be fooled into thinking its fsx and not fs2020.
also in the right hand config window at the top you must click the fsx(not p3d) tab
maybe you’ll need to full install fsx or your not pointing gf config to the right place.
have you set gf config toadministrator mode.
reread my prev post. Good luck

Hi. I’ve also got the MCP Pro and GF46 in my cockpit. I’ve only got XPlane 11 and MSFS on my current computer but haven’t thrown away my FSX disks. Are you suggesting that all I have to do is install FSX somewhere on my computer and run the GFSetup software and point it to the FSX.exe and MSFS will see the two devices mentioned above?

yes
msfs setup control panel won’t see the units, but they work because gf config is controlling them. gf config thinks its working with fsx.
that why you need fsx installed.
and goflight ver 2.28
if you follow my post from Jun 18th correctly
your units should work OK.
all my units mentioned in that post are still working fine.
make sure that fsx and goflight have administrator permissions
and make sure you click the Gfsxdev. exe file
(not the p3d one)
nothing appears to happen but that’s correct.
then start gf config.
follow the instructions in my prev post june 18th.
the only module that does not work is the efis panel.
good luck. if you find it works let us know.
ps
all my modules work in xp11 too
footnote
if you get to panels work, but the led displays are blank then you need to go to youtube and search
blank saitek displays. the vid also works for blank goflight displays too. but follow the instructions very carefully. Reg editing is dangerous if you get it wrong

1 Like

OK. Installed FSX, Installed GFConfig V2.28, launched GFDevFSX.exe as Administrator and received a message: Failed to start, Side by Side Config is incorrect.

I suspect I can’t move forward until it at least executes correctly. Any comments? Checked the event log and it appears to be associated with Sim Connect.

1 Like

um I don’t know what side by side error is.
maybe fsx simconnect version is too old.
ill see if I can find my fsx simconnect version and let you know. and I’ll check with my fs club mates at bristol flightsim group.org.uk
or you can search for it to look for later version.
my setup defo works fine. persevere and you’ll get there in the end.

FSX side by side error
Missing Visual C++ redistributables

This error in FSX means that some required Visual C++ redistributables are missing.

There are various versions available from MS. Some versions are required.

It requires the correct versions, not just the latest.