"GoFlight Products Now Compatible with FS 2020" - Really? - YES, kind of

When I do follow those instructions and click on the GFDevFSX.exe, all I am getting is an error message: “The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect”.

In the GF config tool on the right I did select Simulator Info >FSX, and on the left the only tab visible is FSX. I saved that cfg and cannot go pass that error message! Any idea?

If there is no way, all my modules are already programmed with FSUIPC and are functional with MSFS, but they remain dark, no big deal really.

I might be able to help you expert, i finally got it going but having a heck of a time with the drop-down setting menu 3 miles long ----Louis

have you got fsx installed.
goflight needs to see the fsx. exe to be fooled.
this might cause your side by side error
on the left screen in goflight config the dropdown says simulator info.
select fsx.
i dont have fsuipc as all modules except efis work.

As per previous message FSX is selected on the left (and it is obviously installed) and the only tab shown on the right side is FSX, so it is detected, but no joy, I keep getting this error message (admin mode selected) whenever I attempt to start GFDevFSX.exe.

I mentioned FSUIPC only to say that all my modules have been working with MSFS thanks to FSUIPC which i programmed for each module. The only drawback is that my GF modules have no active display.

there was an answer to the side by side error somewhere in these forums. ill see if i can find it. my modules work and the leds display.
there is also a windows usb power management issue that can stop the displays lighting up.
check out youtube. type
blank saitek display. it explains it.
it applys to goflight modules too

my pic shows all the displays working

1 Like

Thanks I’ll investigate further, from your photograph, we have a very similar setup, so similar that your RP-48 has its the first rotative button broken like mine… out of overuse probably (but mine is much older than yours, it’s in black).

GoFlight seems to have disappeared for good this time, their site is off the Internet. Sad for us. Thanks for your help.

most of my units were black. i dismantled them and sprayed them grey to look like a boeing console. (i like zibo in xplane) bottom right of my pic is my busted gf166 x4. blew up when i connected wrong charger doh.( but i got 2 new gf166s now) . the knobs fit the rp48 rotaries. have you just lost the knob or broke the shaft.
if you cant find a knob your welcome to have one from me. they fit perfect to rp48 and you could spray it grey if necc. if youd like one just messge me here and ill give you details. no charge as goflighters need to help each other out now goflights gone bust.
its frustrating but persevere and youll get modules working in msfs and xplane like me.
this link helps to explain side by side error.
ill keep looking for the msfs post that fixes it.
it might be you need a full fsx install to load the correct files. you never need to run fsx. its just to fool the goflight software.

Fix: Side by Side Configuration Incorrect on Windows 10/11.

1 Like

Many thanks for your kind assistance, I really appreciate your time. I have visited the site and topic you sent me about the side by side error and will take care of that to-morrow.

Regarding my RP-48, the knob is fine, but the potentiometer is loose and can’t be used anymore, but that’s OK, I can use the other three and MSFS does not allow a lot of knobs to be used beside the autopilot anyway. FSUIPC Dawson has yet to figure how to save some of the key macro as we had for P3D.

I do have a full FSX install (except acceleration).

Once again a big thank you for your help to us “GoFlighters”.

i found the post ref side by side error.
its to do with c++ version.
apparantly you need fsx installed. AND
the service pack 2 for fsx installed. it has more C++ files. google. fsx service pack 2 and download from microsoft site.
this might fix your s by s error and move
you further along in your quest to get your panels working.
let us know how you get on

1 Like

Done! This was the missing link, I installed the Acceleration pack and all my GF displays are now active as they were with P3D. I start GF config.exe and GFDevFSX.exe with Addon Linker and that’s it! Great job, many, many thanks for your guidance without which I would have missed that.

1 Like

great news.
(f later you find your panels knobs work but sometimes the display is blank then, youll need the other fix i mentioned) .
youtube search for blank saitek display.
it works for goflight too. be careful with reg edits if you ever need this fix
goflight software is a bit limited in switch programming options but for general use its fine. sadly the efis module doesnt work, but im thinking of spad or pollypot to get that going.
another poster has already done a profile for it.
but they are payware.
do you have xplane 11 too.? theres a plugin that works for the goflight panels. same dropdown selection list for each panel switch etc similar to goflight config. its on the xplane forum site. search for sandy barbour. its free
nb
do you have the goflight centre console?
if so and you have gaps your welcome to have one of my dead gf166 panels to fill the gaps.
again no charge. my setup is now as complete as i want it.

1 Like

I missed your offer for the GF166 and thank you for that, but I have 2 already plus the GF45, so I am OK, I have two centre consoles attached with all my GF setup (twelve modules. see pictures below before getting the GF display active), and more modules than I can use with MSFS at this time, I hope the Dawsons will find a way to recreate the mouse macro that we used to have for P3D. But in the meantime, I am quite happy with what I have.

Lastly, I don’t have XP and got rid of P3D when I changed my PC two months ago.
Most grateful for your help and offers. Best regards.

1 Like

ooh nice. you have more modules than me,
and im jealous of your yoke. i only got a modified saitek.
glad alls working ok in fs2020 for you now.
what you flying in the pic and what fmc app
are you using. i use the cdu app for xplane zibo 737. does yours work with default airbus in fs2020

The plane is the FBW A320 excellent freeware, and the FMC app (MCDU in Airbus parlance) is theirs, also freeware. I also have a simple Airbus stick that I need to assemble to this setup to be more accurate.

Well … it was bound to happen, the MC-Pro died a while back, right hand side is dead, left hand side works … something to do with the mobo I suspect! have switched to the behringer X-Touch Mini and got it working with the FBW A32NX and Fenix A320. Not the same, missing the switches of the MC-Pro, but the Mini works really well. Shame … will miss that nightmare contraption, but the EFIS still works tho! If I win the lotto, it’ll be the Thai A320 FCU from Java Simulator (see them on facebook). Good luck to you all … but I’m outa here.

Exactly same to me, I can´t understand.
I can´t be hardware, in P3D it works.

Maybe I’ll keep it then for X-Plane 12, if I ever go back to that. Thx for the feedback, glad I’m not the only one.

Man, i sure hope this post stays alive. Can some of you share your settings? as example I spend hours with the drop down trying to find a switch to work on say’ logo light’ or’ seat belt’ don’t’ know if it’s phrased different but I can’t seem to find anything. I just wish there were examples of settings, like i have the Yaw damper switch to work with the King Air Black Square analog but can’t get a light to turn on on my T8-2 to show that’s it’s on, not much support i find — Louis cyyc

https://fr-fr.facebook.com/commerce/products/a320-fcu-v20/4420596171309055/?ref=page_home_tab&referral_code=page_shop_card

Which device and which plane?