"GoFlight Products Now Compatible with FS 2020" - Really? - YES, kind of

My oh my some one answered, I don’t have any PMDG planes i don’t plan to get any at the moment. Flying over google earth I’m into the little guys and the BA 146, the King air analog, Caravan,Pilatus , Kodiak I have. I have 2 RP48’s and would like to be able to dim the cabin lights but can’t seem to find anything in the drop downs. How do you set a T8-2 switch to set the Logo lights and seat belts. On the PR 48 Rotary i’d like to be able to be able to set my rudder trim. On the T8-2, I have the Yaw damper switch to work but can’t get it to show a light so i don’t have to look down all the time.If you have some good all-around settings for the WP-6, Rp 48’ s i’ ll take them,and the GF-166A, I have one set to default for radio and the other for com. Hope i didn’t scare you away. P3D was way easier to set all of these -Thanks louis cyyc

Hi Folks,

So I have a GF-TQ6 that I’m trying to get configured. Can anyone lend me some guidance on how to set up reverse thrust? I have the throttle mapped to the throttle levers correctly, but I’m not sure how to use them in conjunction with the switch levers to engage reverse thrust. If I set the switch to toggle reverse thrust, then whenever I go to full power the reversers just turn on… anyone have any ideas? @ThreeWalnut8516, looking at your setup it seems like you have a similar throttle configuration to me. How’d you get the reversers working?

Thanks for everyone’s time.

Best,

-bbsmitz

Can’t help you, i just have the modules,10 of them and the guys i know that have them are in P3D, i find the support with go flight not good at all that s why I’m here.

i dont use the msfs throttle setup.
i use the goflight config software.
see earlier posts ref how to config goflight
with msfs.
(someone may know how to do it within msfs) .
ill double check my settings and get back to you when im next on pc.
update
i have tested my throttle reversers. all my modules except efis work fine, including the throttles and reversers , spoiler and flaps
i program everything from the goflight config software as if it was fsx.
if you wish to use this method. youll need fsx + service pack2 ( or acceleration) installed. or you will get a side by side error message
you dont run fsx ,but goflight needs to detect it. follow my instuctions prev mentioned if you wish to use this method. or youll have to hope another poster can tell you how to program from within msfs.

1 Like

to program the rp48, goflight config doesnt give enough options in the dropdown menu.
you will probally need payware prog software like fsuipc , pollypot , or spadnext.
(all the modules except efis can be programmed from the avail choices in the goflight config.)
i think spad and pollypot have pre configured profiles for various goflight modules. you can download them and edit to your wishes. spad gives you 14 day trial before you have to buy it.
i cant help you with programming the modules as i use the goflight config software and dont need the payware options.

Thanks for reading and cheers for the response. To be clear, you’re saying you don’t map any of the buttons at all from within MSFS’s control menu? You do all your mapping externally within GFConfig (using a dummy fsx install) and then the throttle/reversers everything just works within MSFS?

correct. all my panels are configured with goflight config program. there are limitations as you can only select the options in the goflight dropdowns. for generic switches buttons etc thats fine. if your looking for switch settings not in the goflight list you will need fsuipc or spad or pollypot which are payware. or arduino type boards. they require a learning curve and fiddling to setup.
im happy with my goflight config choices.
just follow my prev posts and your throttles will work provided you disable any msfs throttle settings or they will conflict

Well looks like i didn’t explain myself clear enough. It works fine with the polly. pot interface tool. But in the drop down there is many many options and some settings i can’t seem to find the drop-down option that i want. Here’s a a good example. On my GF-T-48 I found the proper drop down to engage Yaw Damper but can’t set it to turn on the light on the T-48 to show it’s if its disengaged,i always have to look down to see if i have it on or off in the King Air analog , what item in the drop down is it for the light to turn on? --Here’s another, what item in the drop down for the seat belt and Logo lights? I’ve had the go flight interface tool since it was free and in P3d Iprogrammed 33 switches for the PMDG 737 and hardly used to mouse, But now with fs2020 and the go flight conf not being supported, i find it way more difficult and there’s no examples anywhere on settings for various rotary, and buttons and switches.

i used pollyot for xplane. it can be complicated.
i had to run detective mode to find the switch variable. then to turn the associated light on was another variable. had to create a bespoke command and add the switch and seperate light variables to it. i dont use it in fs2020.
there are youtube vids explaining how to do it in xplane. maybe its the same for fs2020.
or see if theres already a profile for your module on the pollypot site. try pollypot forum if no one knows on here.

That detective mode stuff is a bit over my head Wallnut and I’m a little scared play around with it .Here’s something you can defiantly help me with, saving your profile .I had about 12 settings for the King Air analog and for about 3 days straight i opened the sim flew On -Air manager flights the settings every day were fine then i took the Aerosoft Twin otter to do a float flight none of my past settings were saved in the Otter that i had set ,then went into the King Air and they had all gone and i have to reprogram all of them again. good thing i took pictuers of all the settings. How do you make sure there saved? The import and export way i don’t understand, but was under the impression once you had settings for a certain plane they were saved

you can save profiles on xplane.
i think you can on msfs too but i dont know how. im sure someone else can help you.
my goflight software allows creating profiles for
different aircraft in msfs.

I found a solution for GoFlight EFIS and MCP Pro. I use Spadnext and the FBW A32NX. From flightsim.to:
A32NX EFIS and FCU GoFlight Module Conversion Pack (Author: curbz)
I changed the xml file and all switches and lights are now updated.
If you want the file, please contact me by personal mail.
Greetings from Germany

1 Like

I have a GF-MCP - I have installed FSX I purchased GIT MSFS.zip from Polly Pot Software - As Goflight website is no longer active - does anyone know where I can get the Goflight config files / drivers from?

Depends on what airplane you want the config files for.

There is no separate “driver” needed for the MCP-Pro to work with MSFS if you use the GIT. It places it’s own software in community folder.

There is only one config file available on the Pollypot forum so far. Y will have to create your own for other airplanes