Gpu - 0 copy

HI

MSFS202 using latest drivers on GTX 1050 TI OC

I can run standard FSX X at ALL HIGH settings, FPS in the 30’s no stuttering and task manager says using GPU - 0 3D and a 60-80% usage

when In MSFS2020, on medium, getting way below 15 and some stuttering but here is the rub
CPU usage is only around 20-30%
Task manager says flightsimulator.exe is ONLY using GPU - 0 COPY, never 3D

I have NVIDIA set at Global and at Application to use GTX 1050 TI OC only, not auto

any clues?

OH, oh DXDIAG, shows dirextX 12
shows AGP Texture and Direct Draw acceleration enable
BUT

Direct3D Accelareation NOT AVALAIBLE

???

fixed the direct3d acceleration not vailabe to ENABLED

but still not using GPU - 0 3D engine, still shows using COPY as 1-6% use

Hello,
what is the question the Low fps ? Or Task Manager shows the correct utilization ?

Just found video that R E A L L Y helped me

Now GPU 3D is being utilized at 30-80%

3 Likes

Well, I gave it my best shot, but for me and my PC this product causing way too many issues and HOURS of my time to deal with. Unless you have a super high powered PC, look out.

Fortunately, Steam gave me a refund.

I love the STeam Platform for FSX X
Here was my request to them this morning at 5:39AM, by ^:30AM the 59.99 was back in my PAYPAL account.

I would like to request a refund of my purchase of the Standard Edition of the NEW Microsoft Flight Simulator, purchase on 12/25/2020.

Would have been nice if for old timers like me if the “Legacy” option actually provided legacy items, such as planes, 2D panels etc, but with the new scenery.

Also, loading times (not install times as those I expected to be long) are ridiculous. * minutes to load a game and starting location of a flight is never going to make it.

If you see more than 2 hours of use, NONE OF THAT IS ACTUALLY using a completed useable game … ALL OF IT was testing, installing tweaking etc. + hours of my time researching Google Steam etc for assistance and there is no supplied USER Manual.

I have
2 SSD’s, one for WEindows10, and one for MSFS2020, 8 GB RAM,
and brand new 4GB GTX1 1050 TI OC video card,
and AMD Phenom™ II X4 910 Processor 2.60 GHz
100Mbps Comcast Internet Speed (getting about 40Mbps on wifi where PC is located.

I will uninstall game and understand I will not have any future access to it unless re-purchased.

I will keep an eye on the forums etc to see if any major improvements are done, but for now, I will use my new Video Card on my FSX X Steam version, which by the way I can run at HIGH everything and no issues.

PS: I have almost 50 years in IT experience and run a small part-time computer Help Business in Florida, so I am extremely familiar with Systems, Design for both UI and programs, QA testing etc.

Thank you for taking my request under consideration.

Great Customer service.

Remember, if you ever feel you need to …you only have 14 days to request a refund…

6:30AM refund was posted

Sorry but you can’t buy outdated or run outdated hardware and expect every future game to run on high settings especially with a flight sim.

• GPU is between minimum and recommended vram.
  • 8gb of Ram is minimum spec.
  • your CPU base clock is probably below recommended spec.

Sorry to be blunt but if you want to play something like a modern flight sim with at least the recommended specs you need to invest in your hardware.
Of course an older sim made for use with older spec hardware will be able run higher settings. The highest settings on other sims are probably like MSFS on minimum settings.

The first tips in here about disablng game mode, turning on GPU hardware scheduling, etc really helped me.

Steam screwed me out of $60. I pre-purchased XIII in August. When it came out several months later, it sucked and was a worthless representation of the original. They wouldn’t refund because it was “outside of” 14 days. NEVER EVER pre-purchase anything from Steam.

Sorry you had that experience, Mine was over 14 days but with my explanation that it took me longer than that to tyry to get it to run and I never could with equipment that DID meet minimus, they refunded right away.

see