GPU at 100% in Main Menu (content manger)

Great that GPU load is being maximised in-game, but I’m seeing near 100% utilisation in the Main Menu (no flight in progress). What on earth is the GPU being used for here?? Drawing 250W for a menu?!

I share the same problem, I have a rtx 2080 super, and the gpu is at 100%, before the update, she it was only at 40% maximum with the same settings :hot_face:

So strange. There has clearly been a lot of (good) optimisation in update 5 to shift work over to the GPU and the sim runs soooo much better for it. But where I also used to get high GPU usage in the menu (or when paused in flight), I now get near 100%! I wonder what it is actually processing and why? Its clearly something that should be resolved.

Same here. You can stop this – somewhat – by enabling VSYNC and setting frame rate to 30 but that seems like an off fix for a relatively static menu.

So odd…

It’s fully rendering the hangar background.

I thought that. But, I get lower/normal GPU usage when I am in the hangar than in the menu. Can’t fully imagine just adding the menu triples the utilization of an RTX 3080.

My GPU is more taxed in menus than it is when I’m flying.

1 Like

Closed as duplicate of: