Graphic Settings - Pink Aircraft

Hello everyone,

After the last update, my graphic settings went to default and the aircraft in the airports are Pink plaid color, but the livery aircraft is the color they should be. Removed the community folder with no change. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
J26

1 Like

Hello there,
We ask that all members not use General Discussion for help, troubleshooting, bug reports, or advice questions. Your topic has been moved to Community Support.

Did you try searching pink aircraft ?
It’s a common question that has many posts, including the causes and and fixes for them.

Good morning, Hester40MT

Thank you for the direction, that is where I wanted to post this, but when I went there to post, it said I was not allowed to post there, along with other categories. This is the only section I found to post in.

Thanks in advance for your help
J26

It could be that you were trying to post in a “root” category. Only subcategories can be posted in. :+1:

I’m actually trying to troubleshoot this exact problem myself rn.

I’m running a fresh install. Currently removing all marketplace addons as a start. Will update if I find my cause as it might help you.

Be interesting to see if a marketplace item is causing it. Pink textures are usually caused by an addon of some sort. Marketplace items should be checked for that. If you do find a marketplace item causing it, report it. It could be a livery.

I’ve removed most so far and no luck. It only happens on Asobo Aircraft for myself. The DC3 and DCH-2 have no texture issues. My next plan is to delete the Asobo craft from my package folder. But I have no non-marketplace addons installed which is why I’m scratching my head a little here

1 Like

Thanks,

I will try that next time

Have a good day

2 Likes

Still having no luck myself.

What I’ve tried so far:

• Deleted Asobo Aircraft from Packages Folder
  • Deleted Addons (None Were Installed Anyway)
  • Deleted Aircraft in SimObjects Folder
  • Reset the Asobp-aircraft-generic folders
  • Changed DX12 to DX11
  • Deleted the Asobo Materials Lib folder from Packages
  • Reinstalled the entire sim

No Luck. Currently pulling my hair out over this since I wanna install and fy my Piper Arrow IV from Just flight.

I decided to go into dev mode and look at the console. It seems like it’s an issue with my fs-base folder. More specifically the textures. My guess is that during installation, something got corrupt causing these textures to not load correctly. But I fixed it.

For anyone looking for the root cause of their issues when it comes to any missing or Pink textures, I think the first step of removing all community content is a help. Then if that fails like it did for me. Enable Dev Mode and look in the console. It will normally have a line stating it failed to load a texture. Whatever folder that is in, delete that from your official packages folder and let the sim re-install it.

1 Like

Good catch!

1 Like

Good afternoon, TheLukePrior

Sound like you have a lot of knowledge about the Sim and its file system. Forgive me if I ask a question that I should know the answer to, I don’t go into the workings of my computer very often unless I have to. If you don’t mind, where would I find or identify the console in developer mode?
Like you, I want to get back to flying, as I am retired now and this is my only hobby. I am a real-world pilot that can fly a plane but doesn’t like to work on them

Thanks in advance for your help

Johnny F – J26

2 Likes

Hi Johnny,

Developer mode is found under General Option > Developers > Developer Mode.

Set this to “On” then you’ll see a black toolbar at the top of your screen.

Then you want to click on the “Debug” Tab then Click “Console” it should be right at the top under the “Debug” tab.

Once you have the console open, you’ll want to look for a line with a red “X” or a Yellow Icon, this indicates the sim has an error loading some kind of texture or script. It’ll normallt say something like “Failed to locate file vfs://fs-base/Textures/xxxxxx” Where the x’s are the failed texture.

Note: The file may not always be fs-base, I’m just using the file I had as an example.

But this normally means the file is corrupt and the sim cannot load it correctly.

From here, you want to find that file in your packages folder. If you don’t know where to find it, on the Devmode tool bar, click “Tools” then click “Virtual File System” then click on “Packages Folders”. Just click “Open Offical Folder” and find your way to the folder that is flagging as an error. For me this was FS-base and I’#m going to take a guess as that is what could be causing your issues too.

What you want to do now is delete that folder and then restart the sim. It may take a moment to download the files again, but it hopefully will resolve the issue.

You then can turn off Dev Mode.

As I said hopefully that fixes your issues. If not, then you can always post a copy of the console’s output here and that might help others help you out.

Regards

Luke P.

9 Likes

Thank you, Luke

I will try this, this evening.
It surely makes sense to me. I will let you know if it works, so it can help others

Thanks again
Regards
Johnny F.

1 Like

Hi Luke, just a new forum member showing my appreciation here. The pink plane issue has been long bothering me and I have had no idea how to fix it until I saw your posts. As said in your post, deleting the packages files that were not loading correctly worked for me. Thanks!

3 Likes

I appreciate it.

Since this is more common than I thought, st some point this weekend I’ll be writing a guide that’s a little clearer

4 Likes

Little delayed on this from real world commitments. But as soon as it’s up, it’ll be linked in its own thread

2 Likes

@TheLukePrior

Thanks for the explanation !!!

Same here, most AI planes, not all, (AIG and FSLTL) have pink liveries.

Unfortunately I don’t know anything about the console, all I know is how to display the FPS and that’s it. However, I will try the way you have described to solve my problem with the pink liveries and then report back here.

Greetings

Nadine

Hello again, @TheLukePrior

have tried to work through your explanation above.

There are no fs-base* folders affected in my case.
There are some other things marked red and yellow, but I can’t assign them via the virtual filesystem

But still the same problem with pink textures on planes.
Here are mainly the AI aircraft (AIG and FSLTL) affected. I haven’t noticed it yet on standard planes.

Yesterday the sim was updated to WU13 (Oceania and Antarctica). Version is now 1.32.7.0.

Community folder was completely empty when tested via Dev-Mode->Console.

I do not know what to do now !!!

Attached a link with screenshots of the console output. MSFS 2020 Console Output

Also a log file of the console output
MSFS2020 Console Errors.txt (4.1 KB)

Thanks a lot for reading and helpful tips.

Sincerely
Nadine1975

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)