Graphic step back, I'm done

I’ve found this helpful as I’m learning, but yes, you really should be able to turn it off if you don’t want it

1 Like

Definitely some object pop in/culling but the graphics themselves look way better to me as I can now run my Reverb G2 at full resolution. Yesterday flying around was the best it ever looked to me, the clarity so sharp it rivals my 4K TV and still smooth enough even when flying low over towns and cities.

A lot of the issues that people are complaining about (pop in, clouds, colour saturation) will clearly get fixed over time so don’t worry about them. Asobo has already told us that for high-end PC’s they are going to implement LOD’s beyond current ultra settings. We are also getting DirectX 12 before the end of the year, and a big one for me VR controller inpuit before Christmas too.

If you actually follow the develop updates and watch and participate in the monthly Twitch Q&A live streams there is loads to look forward to.

This update was massively complex and involved changes to the engine. They have just completed stage one and over the coming weeks and months they will refine it and improve it.
No need to post leaving threads, or demand refunds or court action as I’ve see some posters demand. It’'s just a very complicated sim that they are working on continuously and sometimes fixing something creates problems elsehwere. Give them time they will iron them out.

14 Likes

General Options
Graphics Full Screen 3840x2160
Vsync on
Limit 60 fps
Render Scaling 150 (was 100 and made a difference)
Global Rendering Ultra
Motion blue high
light shafts high
lens flare high
glass cockpit medium

The few settings that are turned down a notch are ones I don’t care about.
happy flying

1 Like

We’ve been French fried!

7 Likes

So it’s all about the eye candy and not the sim then? If you really have spent all that money why are you throwing it all away due to changes one patch made?

I also think cities look really good. Different than before (colors, contrast, light reflectivity, clouds…? Yes. Limited draw distance? Yes. Reduced LOD? Yes. Higher frame rates? Yes. Have faith and patience, I’m sure it will be sorted.

5 Likes

If I had a dollar for every time I see someone write “so it’s all about the eye candy” when it comes to a game and/or simulator! YES… yes it is… it’s about graphics AND function!

It’s not a vacuum cleaner

19 Likes

The OP only mentions graphics being their issue and nothing else, so in that case it is all about the eye candy and nothing about the function.

1 Like

I think, if things can be removed by updates, things can be added by updates as well. Don’t understand the heat. It ist just a game…
Just calm down, they see community‘s feedback and will add the expected quality with the next update. If graphic quality is such important for you, just Pause until SU6.

4 Likes

this update was a big one and maybe the graphics had to be tame down some for XBox. I don’t know because I never had Xbox. I have everything on ultra now and things more well. Looking out the window is amazing on takeoff and flying low. When a SU comes I check more the aircraft more than the scenery. However things have been fixed with scenery, such as trees. In the early day tress looked like blocks. After sim update 4 they looked pretty good although there are some issues I found in SU5 like being on the road. Now I don’t do screenshot comparisons or look at my frame rates. I found that annoys me if I know, if everything is working well and looks fine out the window, I am ok.

I know the sim is about a year old, but with this much complexity in it, it has a lor of fixes. I suspect future updates will bring back the graphics with newer technology coming out such as Direct X. All sims need tweaking base on the hardware someone has. My only issue with the sim as it is now how IFR flying will work and live weather which seems to have some issues still.

1 Like

That’s also true I really won’t worry bout it it will get fixed!!

I’ve been looking in the forums the last couple of days and it really is quite sad. People complaining left right and centre about reduced visuals and pop in. Yes I have that too and it is a bit annoying especially coupled with the VERY shimmery buildings.

That said, I have to applaud Asobo and Microsoft for managing to make the performance the way it is now. That doesn’t mean it is now perfect by a fair way. BUT, it is a ten year plan to get this sim where it needs to be. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

A lot of people here are spitting the ■■■■■ out. I really feel for those that can’t run the simulator at all because of this update, it seems there are many. To complain though just because of a degradation of LOD is a little childish. I have had my share of CTDs but I was able to do a bit of research and find solutions. The colour saturation is another problem, but changing the post processing in the usercfg has sorted that out for me.

There are those of us with super computers but there are way more without. I am one such without a great graphics card and have suffered a bit up until SU5.

It WILL take time to get things as most serious simmers want it to be, me included.

I also feel for those of you that have spent much money for this sim who now feel a bit cheated. Again though as previously mentioned there will be a better than ultra setting for those players…it will come with time. Why is everyone so he’ll bent on everything being as they want it right now? It’s taken a year to get this far because it is such a complex simulation.

Just give it time. Have patience and above all enjoy what we have now, and the great things still to come.

18 Likes

From a non PC gamer perspective here’s my take. When you spend 1000s on a machine you want/need it to be perfect, in order to feel that it was worth the cost/time. No game or sim is ever going to be that, and there are things that change in any game with updates and time
I’ve been lurking on here a while because I waiting for the Xbox release and trying to learn the lay of the land. I saw a lot.of posts complaining about performance prior to this update, now it’s post complaining about visuals.
This thing is clearly a work in progress, there are issues and bugs on the Xbox side as well that are annoying me but I have faith they will be addressed.

4 Likes

■■■■■ love such people as you just chill it will be fine!!:airplane:

1 Like

I mean, if the sim graphics looks that bad to you you have several alternatives with different graphics to choose from.

You could either play P3D with payware scenery, which looks like this:

You could play Xplane-11 which looks like this

Or you could remain in MSFS, which unfortunately looks so bad it only looks like this

It is you decission to make, only based on graphics of course.

20 Likes

True facts we just need to chill it will be fine👊🏾

2 Likes

Msfs for sure can’t get away from msfs.

1 Like

P3D and XP are as old as a coal stove, MSFS isn’t. MSFS looked a lot better prior to SU5.

11 Likes

I am just offering alternatives given what is currently available in the market, you can choose your product freely right now.

2 Likes

It was good. They messed it up. Makes sense to me they can fix it. We’ll see.

1 Like