Graphics on Xbox su15 drastically deteriorated

I wanted to see how Miami held up after watching the newest 2024 trailer this week. :arrow_down:

I was pleasantly surprised that both Miami Beach and Downtown Miami held an acceptable amount of Detail. Downtown would loose it’s photogrammetry when panning and become spikes and odd shapes, but not as bad as some of the other places I’ve been lately. Of course the shipping yard was having trouble, but it’s always been like that when I’ve flow in this area pre SU15. You can still see past downtown is an apocalyptic nightmare of non LOD, no trees, flattened imagery.

However, when I went to return to Miami OPA Locka exec airport KOPF, the LOD SU15 Demon rears its ugly head again. The entire airport was a blotchy burry white blob on the ground. The trees stop generating, and the land looks naked. The runway is so blurry you can’t make out 27R. :arrow_down:

“Ughh brother, what is that brother? Brother ewww”

Coming in closer on the approach you start to get trees across the water. Also notice the black tile edge through the middle of the runway. :arrow_down:

It’s not until about here the airport starts to render windows on the tower and terminals, starts to define the runway, even though the aiming point markers are blurry and half the runway has Aliasing/jagged pixels down the solid white lines. :arrow_down:

When just above the runway you can see it’s still not rendered or loaded at the other end of the runway. It’s like a fake depth of field effect, trying to force perspective. We are taught to focus on the end of the runway for the flare. The end of the runway is blurry! My vision doesn’t work that way. Camera lenses wide open at F1.4 work that way.

The runway should not be loading as I’m landing on it. It should be fully rendered. The LOD is landing at the same time I am. This is unbelievable! :arrow_down:

So while I was happy to see the buildings in Downtown Miami, and Miami Beach, the rest is a wash. I’ve done this ‘testing’ with no rolling cache. A 16gb rolling cache. No addons at all and also redownloaded all my content manager items. Tested in Cessna 152/172garmin/172steam, bell407, updated Cowan 125, updated Cowan 500e. It’s not our addons it’s SU15 and it’s unacceptable ‘memory optimizations.’ This is a series x I’m talking about here.

But hey, have fun at FlightExpo! :partying_face: Au revior! Enjoy your summer vacations. “The Sim has the best performance numbers we’ve ever seen!” Even though it has come at the cost of everything around us, literally. I guess “The sky is not the limit” … but the GDK and memory usage is. :man_shrugging:t2:

8 Likes