![]()
I think the discussions on this topic have somehow reached the goal of expecting some improvement starting in July with SU16. I believe that now we should observe what will happen, and then we can continue the discussions. Let’s relax and watch the next scenes of this chapter.
Yea I don’t need eagle eyesight nor the memory of an elephant to remember just a few weeks ago and what we had.
Series x. I didnt say it was perfect or that it was any worse than it was in the past. Im saying im ok with this if I have a stable aircraft, not stuttering, good framerate and no black screens. Which I do not. Now i did fly into paris, and that was a mess. But I also had my RC disabled too which seemed to make a difference.
PC went through the same kind of thing as now. Seems with FS2024 they are trying another way of doing the same by only loading what is in view.
Yup I memba! ![]()
Ahh yes, History repeats its self and such.
It does seem they got their sliders both in pancake and VR mode…
…Guess we’ll be waiting on our sliders too.
Or most likely 2024. Thanks Asobo! ![]()
If this is the case I won’t be dealing with this sim any longer. I can’t abide by the popping and morphing of objects when flying. I can’t abide any longer.
I still don’t know if it’s better with or without PG.
I have 1gbits internet now.
It looks better but i can still see some awful polygons sometimes ![]()
Without PG, things like the St Louis Arch turn into brick office buildings so while it’s easier on the computer system, it can give weird results without it
I’ve turned it off for airliners and run at 1080P on my XSX. For low level flights in simple aircraft I turn it on and go to 4K.
Not ideal but it works for me.
I don’t have lots of add-on scenery, however I can see some visual degradation running complex aircraft at 4K.
I don’t like that I don’t have control over LOD and what have you so this way at least gives me some consistency and I’m stutter/CTD free.
Having a decent 4K TV that upscales from 1080P to 2160P really well helps too as does sitting about 1.5M from the aforementioned telly…
Don’t mean to sound like a broken record but after reading some of the more recent posts I tried the sim after a couple of weeks of avoiding it and for me nothing has changed, FYI was going back into it without harbouring any negativity but that quickly changed. I just cant get past the LOD circle and the out of focus textures beyond it. For me, that’s the worst part, I never remember the textures being so badly out of focus. I’m sure they once remained sharp, outside the LOD, and it was just free of buildings and trees but never where the ground textures this blurry. Horrible. And yes I know, it’s now smooth, great performance, no stutters so that’s a win for those who care more deeply about stability.
Same. And although the sim might be more stable? I’m still experiecing issues like avionics going all out or stutters. Sad story.
Please, if they’re not going to fix the LOD radius can they at least fix the blurry terrain outside the LOD circle and before anyone suggests that this could be a server issue I beg to differ as this issue was never there before the memory ‘fix’. If the LOD circle remains at this current size (diminished) they MUST at least allow for the ground textures to remain sharp. That’s all I ask.
Never experienced renders this poor, even though we’re familiar with the melted buildings. It’s incredibly disappointing that despite sacrificing visual quality for supposed stability, we’re still left with a sim that’s neither stable nor visually appealing—outside of the cockpit, which is stunning.
Useless to expect improvement now, everything goes to hope for msfs2024
Check out the initial trailer of the game, where landscapes and mountains still have all their sharpness and depth. What do you think the reactions would be if this trailer were remade with the current state of the game? Sorry for the negativity, but it’s a reflection of my personal (and shared) disappointment and frustration.
Man, it used to look amazing. That trailer is what got me to go buy an Xbox Series S (the X was impossible to find at that time) for MSFS.
My memory isn’t faulty, it really did look that good.
All the trailer is reminding me of how good the sim looked before 3rd party add ons were included. I am grateful that they opened up the sim on XBox with the marketplace, but the downside to this was adding the risk of creating issues (specifically memory issues) since it’s not running within the guardrails of the designed sim anymore.
If there was no marketplace or 3rd party add ons allowed, the sim would be much more stable on console.
My own view is that the impact of the deterioration in LOD depends on the type of flying you’re doing - this goes some way to explain different reactions to the loss of detail.
A couple of shots to illustrate this
1 ) Cessna 310 near Dinard
Now I really enjoy flying the 310 - it’s a fantastic airplane but here you can clearly see the reduced radius of TLOD. For VFR/ low level flight it’s not unflyable but it’s a bit of an immersion breaker ..
-
Vision jet - same effect near Manchester at slightly higher level
-
Vision jet on descent into EGJJ
I used the Vision Jet for its brilliant view - and to illustrate that flying a bit higher in IFR the effect of the TLOD loss isn’t as dramatic- it’s definitely not unflyable although the coast of France in picture 3 looks a bit lacking to me.
So flying jet airliners at high altitudes the deterioration in TLOD isn’t as dramatic and SU 15 is very stable.
But at low levels the TLOD loss is quite hard to live with.
Now although we talk about the .17 beta - which was brilliant for me - the .16 seemed - to my memory at least - better than what we have in SU15, the .18 beta. As it was supposed to have been just a rollback to .16 - GDK reversion, I wonder whether something went awry with the rollback, not sure…
Settings:
Premium Deluxe
live/ai traffic off
Live weather off
Airport Aircraft Density 70%
Ground vehicle density 25%
Ground worker density 10%
Road vehicles 100%
Ships and Ferries 100%
8GB RC enabled
@j0nnyd7 Yes, they surely don’t help keep everything simple and smooth. But looking at myself, I just bought and use EBBR and EFHK airports. I’m not using these every flight and still experiencing terrible scenery. Not sure if marketplace add-ons are the true cause of the issues we’re experiencing.
Personally, I haven’t had huge lower LOD issues outside of the major areas. But I did notice overall lower LOD.
And the 3rd party add ons definitely did impact it because they needed to free up memory elsewhere to allow for anyone that has 3rd party add ons. So I would assume that is done generally and lowers the amount used for the base sim, which impacts everyone, but it helps performance for those users that have modded airports/scenery/planes.
It’s also made worse when you are using more complex 3rd party mods.




