Graphics PC: weird vertical "split line" on ground textures in center of the monitor

Hello there,

I’m wondering if any of you have the same PC graphics issue as I have. Although it is a minor problem, since I noticed it, it is quite annoying.
Please only comment if you can reproduce the issue or have also noticed it. My next step would then be to file a bug report.

Unfortunately it cannot be captured on screenshots/videos, so I’ll try my best to describe:
it is a narrow vertical line, exactly in the middle of the monitor, which kind of splits the screen in half.
Although this “line” shows the correct textures, you can clearly see a kind of offset between the left and right half of the screen. During flight it looks like a “scanning beam” wandering across the scenery.

Further info:

• nearly always visible when using the external view (rarely from cockpit view)
  • only visible while moving
  • best seen at about 45 degrees angles against flying direction
  • only visible on ground textures, not in the sky/sea
  • I think it first appeared with SU 5, but I’m not sure

I’m playing the latest version without any mods.

Setup:

• AMD 3700x & Radeon 5700XT
  • playing at 2560x1440 resolution on mostly high/ultra option settings
  • Monitor LG 27GP950 (4k 27")

Thanks!

This is a very well-known bug that has been acknowledged and yet not solved.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.
Unfortunately this is a different issue, “my” line in the middle of the screen but vertical from top to bottom.
My description was not precise there, I’ve added the info “vertical” now.

I wonder how significant this is with regards the actual source of the issue.

Have you tried switching inputs on the monitor in order that it reacquire the input source?
(Switching to a different (lower) output resolution through PC will do the same and might also be worth trying.)

Hi,
good idea, I had not checked other ports/resoutions yet. Did that now, with interesting results.
Currently I’m using Displayport (only 1 of these on the monitor):

• 2560x1440: my standard for FS2020; “vertical line” is visible
  • FHD 1920x1080: line not visible
  • 4K 3840x2160: line not visible

Switched to HDMI cable:

• no line visible in any of the resolutions

Looks like you’ve narrowed down the root cause to either a defective DisplayPort cable or a defective GPU or monitor with a bad DisplayPort port.

Hi guys,
thanks for the comments.
I just did some more tests with other games to check if it is specific to MS FS 2020, although so far I had only noticed it there. Again with some weird results which I’d like to share here, might also be useful for someone else.

Results with other games:

• CS GO: no line visible in any of the resolutions (DX9)
  • Insurgency Sandstorm: no line visible in any of the resolutions (DX11)
  • Chivalry 2: no line visible in any of the resolutions (probably DX11)
  • Guild Wars 2:
    ** standard DX9: no line visible in any of the resolutions
    ** current beta DX11: line visible at resolution 2560x1440 (like in FS 2020)
  • MS FS 2020 DX12 beta: same issues as described with DX11

So, no clear result. But at least proven to be not solely FS 2020 specific.
Therefore I guess this topic cannot be adressed in this forum.

But of course, if someone still has ideas or expencienes, they’re very welcome :wink:

I have this exact issue and it’s not with MS Flight Simulator, I thought this was a Windows 11 glitch as that’s where I’m seeing the issue occasionally occur. I can make it go away by going into Radeon Settings and changing a setting that would force the video card to the monitor to do a refresh and then after that the split in the middle of the screen is gone.

I use a Radeon 6800 XT GPU
The one thing I see we have in common besides using Radeon cards is that our monitors are LG.

I’m using a LG 32GN650-B (1440p 32" 165Hz) monitor.

I’m wondering if this is a bug issue with LG displays as I hadn’t seen this issue before upgrading to this monitor from my previous DELL 1080p 32".