Graphics very fuzzy and unclear around airports

I noticed while I was landing at Dallas Fort Worth KDFW that the graphics are very fuzzy. Upon landing there is the lines of unlevel ground scattered around the airport and when hitting them it like hitting a major pothole. All the building are fuzzy and look like puffy square marsh mellows I added not 3rd party graphics, no updates other than MSFS normal updates. I have graphics set a full ultra 1080. I have never seen this problem until just this week and I fly in and out of Dallas all the time. Help me out with suggestions!

Can you post a picture of the issue you’re experiencing?

Yes I will post a screenshot as soon as I get back to MSFS 2020, today I’m swamped with work stuff.

Here are my screen shots,

Hi - I also fly in/out of KDFW a lot and it looks to me that your not getting all of the normal terrain map data. Not sure if there were any online issues or if you’re using wifi?

I have my wifi turned off. Although I have had slow internet speeds lately, under 20mps at night. This is normal for the summer months for me. I’m on a line-of-sight microwave service at my house. My son told me it an artifact loss in my graphics card. My son is a computer engineer. He told me to roll back my driver.

Do you use dx12?

I have the same problem since I begun to use dx12.

No I quit using DX 12 almost instantly many months back. I started getting CTD’s and motion blur. I’m currently using DX 11 DLSS with a RTX 3060 TI

Can you pls post the results of an Ookla speed test? Your up/down latencies may be the problem. The sim only has a small window to get all of the terrain data necessary for your graphics card to render each frame before it has to move on.

Here is the test. This is a pretty normal speed. In the mornings it goes up to about 45 mps download. Although I never fly in the mornings on MSFS.
Network Speed test

This usually happens to me when the sim switches me to offline due to my ISP not being stable at night ,turning back to online data and clearing rolling cache should fix this.

That’s interesting… no latency numbers with the speed test results. Can you try another speed test?

I very seldom ever get latency issues. Here is another test.
Capture

Just like most of the LOD issues, it has nothing to do with internet speed. I’m running 500MB/sec pinging around 50ms and KDFW looks terrible for me as well. There is something else going on, many people have issues with KDFW

Still looks like it is only showing the ping prior to the speed test and not the latency during the test. You can see in my Ookla test results below the 6ms download latency and the 15ms upload latency during the actual speed test. Not sure why your results do not show these?

I’m beginning to think there is a DFW issue to. How do we report this?

I wished I had your internet speed for everything. We do good here to get 50mps. Probably get faster here with Starlink but Elon now added a 1 Tb data allowance before you have to start giving him your arm and leg. LOL

Sorry, not seeing an issue here - check out my pics below I just took of KDFW (4k+HDR10). I did notice it uses a lot of VRAM around the airport as it almost hit 18GB. Actually, it looks a little better than what it has in the past. :man_shrugging:

Edit: It’s a little funny the grass even remotely looks green given the current 100+ degree run of hot weather! :sun_with_face: :sun_with_face: :fire:

50mbps should be more than enough as you can see in the pic below that during a flight for the most part LAN data usage stays under 17mbps. While I have seen it briefly spike much higher 50mbps should be good, unless your up/down latencies prevents your PC from getting all of the required terrain data within the window your frames are being generated.

I’m glad yours looks good, it really does. But as with many issues with the sim, some users experience them and some do not (especially LOD). There have been other discussions about KDFW specifically. Could be the VRAM you mentioned.

@turion1973
Yes it was reported here: