Grass in runways, taxiways and aprons

Wrong. PC has off/low/medium/high/ultra grass settings.

Clearly it’s an issue because it is bug logged. I am not disputing that.

Yeah ok on PC but on Xbox we do not have that setting at all. And the issue is on PC too but yeah maybe you have grass at the lowest setting so you dont see it. In anycase it aint fixed yet

Nope. It’s on High.

Check the previously mentioned airports and make sure to check all runways and aprons just keep using the drone all the way at ground level like i said it aint the entire runway but parts

That’s why I asked you for a screenshot of KSEA so I could try to see where you are talking about.

I’m not behind the Xbox or PC anymore right now so that is a little hard to do but if you want an example just take a look at the previous screenshots, its exactly the same and I mean exactly the same.

You said that the new beta patch didn’t fix KSEA so that’s all that I was really interested in.

Yes it didnt fix it, was the first thing I check at all the airports I previously tested at, no idea why its ok for you, might because of different settings, might be a difference in DX, might be because you checked a different part of the runway. But if you want to make sure just do like I did and go by all the previously mentioned airports and check them completely not just 1 small part but the entire airports, aprons and runways all at ground lowest level with the drone cam

Hi

Xbox x I have grass on taxiways and runways I have attached photo varies severity depending on airport
this is example KLWC KOKC KBFI

: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Brief description of the issue:

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

Grass patches are being observed on various taxiways and runways. Observed at KPYM, KMVY,
KACK

I have the same at Frankfurt and also weird colored taxiways

Do you have the same issue if you foll

There are at least 50 buttons below in this thread. I have no clue which one we were invited to click.

As for the grass on runways, I had this issue a month ago. I cured it by reinstalling the whole sim. Reinstalling was done in the Steam version where from the library you click on ‘verify files’. This will force a reinstall of the sim.
After reinstallation, there was not a hint of the problem again in over 100 flights from many airports.
Before reinstallation, almost every airport runway was covered in grass. Even when using 3rd party runway replacement textures, or when using stock default textures. In both cases most runways covered with grass.

Reinstalling is not the fix, this issue was caused by SU10 Beta not the regular version, and I did do a fresh install like I do with every beta so yeah that aint the fix

1 Like

I am happy to let everyone know that the team has a fix for this coming soon!

6 Likes

Great to hear, thanks for letting us know

Yes, most airports (EGLL, KLAX, KSFO confirmed) on Xbox Series X

Hi all - this bug should now be resolved with the new 1.27.13.0 build, so I’m going to mark this as Fixed On Live. Please let me know if this issue is solved for you, or if you continue to experience it.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/new-update-release-notes-1-27-13-0-august-4-2022/534560

1 Like

Tested a couple airports and no issue anymore, will keep on checking all the airports I discovered that had it.

2 Likes

Yes me too seems to have been fixed thanks Asobo