Great job on SU5! It's perfect!

Installed in a couple of hours today. Straight forward installation. Fired up the FBW A320 at Heathrow with everything maxed out and was achieving 40fps! Superb. Zero CTDs. Don’t see the panning issue as a big issue - hardly noticeable. Switched controls back to legacy as I prefer that. Few hours of flying - no issues!. Well done!

Just posting this because I see some people reporting issues and just balancing it out since all those having no issues are too busy flying to post here that it’s working.

Great job Asobo!

29 Likes

Agree. great Job on the performance and visual. But the CTD’s are real… I had them when I installed FBW a320 NX dev version… removed fine now… but the Thrustmaster Airbus stick and Quadrant are a mess… a hotfix is definately needed. Also… flight gets stuck in cockpit , but outside of cockpit its fine

3 Likes

well, perfect it isn’t. But it IS a noticable improvement with many additions and fixes, so I’m quite impressed.
However I had several CTDs too, while trying to get back to the main menu. Never had that before.

3 Likes

My TCA Sidestick works flawlessly.
Did you open a bug thread to seek help for your issue?
Apart from people raging with negativity, there are plenty constructive community members willing to help.

1 Like

Many of us are seeing freezes now which never happened before. I’m not handing out any kudos, not by a long shot!

2 Likes

Yup, never experienced any freezes before. Today had my first freeze when shutting down the plane.

While I don’t see the panning issue being a big issue as well, as I didn’t notice THAT many pop ins. But the seemingly reduced draw distance definitely is a pretty big issue to me. Now big cities look weird due to lack of houses/buildings at distance, builds don’t generate until you are up close, and the landscape just looks awkward overall because of this. I won’t mind this if the setting was there for me to turn it back to what it was before, trading some frames in the process but there isn’t.

1 Like

I thought it was improved? Landing in Bucherest I was seeing autogen almost to the horizon. Or do you mean at higher altitudes than 3000-4000ft?

No, it’s severely reduced at all altitudes. The distance where autogen buildings start to populate is MUCH worse. You now can only see buildings within a circle around you, so any major metropolitan area look garbage… Trees probably got a bit better, but the poping in and out actually makes it looks worse than before.
Terrain also does not get high res until you get much closer than before.

4 Likes

I don’t notice many of these things. I run everything at Ultra so it may be happening further out on my screen, towards the horizon, so I don’t notice it.

Doesn’t seem to be the case, I’m running maxed out myself and it’s incredibly noticeable. It is somewhat difficult to navigate with a VFR chart pulled up. Yesterday I was on VATSIM and flying a transition route looking at a TAC for a specific VRP and I couldn’t find it, I was playing a guessing game. On top of this I kept looking at the chart and then moved my head around looking outside with TrackIR to orientate where I was and looking for traffic and the popping issues were driving me nuts.

1 Like

I just did a couple of short flights, and in my case almost everything is fine except drawing distance. LOD change and drawing distance of trees and buildings seems to be back to where it was like 6-8 month back. Kinda of annoying, it was almost perfect before update. Didn’t change a thing in my settings, all sliders are the same.

1 Like

I’m running Ultra on everything, in fact I even increased on LOD sliders to the max whereas previously they were on 110. I’m running on 34 inch ultrawide though, are you running on a smaller screen/resolution by chance that you are not noticing this? Or are you flying in rural areas only?
This is incredibly obvious and I have hard time believing you can’t see the difference.

2 Likes

Honestly if you flight with an airliner approaching a city is quite evident…

Yes, it’s “prefect”

True, it was much better till the update

Muddy ground textures @330? Can you take a screenshot for us at high altitude? Thanks

I think there’s two boats:

I see better FPS this update is awesome.

I see better FPS but the change of visual fidelity, new bugs like altitude bug, peripheral usb bug, over exposure and color changes, pop in of objects, etc are not good and completely overshadow any FPS gain.

3 Likes

Definitely doesn’t seem to be improved. Seems reduced for sure - 4k ultra hdr

it is not perfect, but finally i cna fly ove rbuildup areas without any stutter at all,
i see no long freezes, but i play with mp off, ai off, only live weather on.

32inch monitor and I fly airliners. A lot of this stuff is subjective so I am guessing I am less sensitive to some of the issues. Yes its a little washed out but so is real life. When in a plane and looking down its not that colourful most of the time. I am mostly looking at the autogen near the plane rather than miles away where its just small pixels so if LOD is lower I am not noticing.