Great job on SU5! It's perfect!

Well I mean there are published visual approaches out there that are done by airliners in which you have to report something prominent in sight.

Just wondering who these threads are actually for. Since Asobo barely ever participates in these forums, and they’ll most likely never even see this thread, you’re basically just talking to the userbase. The userbase that’s come here for news on updates and solutions to their problems. So hyperbole that the update was “perfect” comes off more like a dismissive rebuke to everyone that’s on here voicing their concerns and trying to address their issues.

1 Like

i must have woken up on a different planet then as it certainly is far from perfect for me and many…many other users

What visuals? They sacrificed visuals for perfomance, terrible lod, antialiasing much worse than before, major fps drop because of new scenery loading method, which also causes pop ins all over the place. All i’ve learned from Asobo and their Q&A is that we should never trust a word they say, they were asked over and over again, are we going to see any visual downgrade on pc for sake of perfomance when xbox version comes out, and the answer was always no, they were even bragging how they’ve managed to increased perfomance so much, without any sacrifice to graphical fidelity, not to mention all the other problems this update caused, just like every update Asobo releases, CTD issues, terrible UI, broken keybinds. I gave this sim more than enough chances, but i’m going back to xplane and i’m not coming back since i’m clearly not the audience they want.

3 Likes

summary of SU 5 : downgrading relatively cool visuals for the sake of FPS gain…

I’d rather keep at 25 FPS than having to tackle with dumbed down sim.

flying is no longer fun for me.

we now have a console game than a pc simulator.

we knew it and it became true with Xbox release.

i hear you… but beauty is in the eye of the beholder… my system wasn’t that powerful to begin with…however…I’m sure they will work on it as they have with every update… I hear your frustration… I’m gettting CTD’s but it will be fixed hang tight!

I wouldn’t be surprised if there are people on this forum who are hired for damage control, that’s what this post reads like. Also looking at their posting history there doesn’t seem to be anything there except for praise for Asobo.

I am having a bit of wonky controller behavior and in the controller menus with my Log X56. And you cant start the baron without the copilot doing it. Fuel selector switch wont work for many of my aircraft in VR, not sure about monitor. You cant set it to a switch either.

Buried in the venting of this thread:

There is a similar report.

Do you have any mods installed? Anything in the Community folder or installed from the Marketplace? E.g. the new Garmin NXi addon?
Maybe you can jump in in the thread to provide some input, we could try to narrow it down.

I didn’t have any problems either. There has been a very significant performance improvement with this update. ASOBO did an excellent job, not only for launching the simulator on the XBOX, but also for optimizing it on the PC. Very happy here.

1 Like

Performance increase is amazing. Now ofcourse there had to be some adjustments made like visibility and occlusion culling. This performance increase is the pathway to enabling raytracing in future. Pre SU5, people were getting terrible performance. Now imagine that with raytracing enabled… Now atleast with this performance increase, the team has breathing room to further increase the visual fidelity of the sim.

but the graphic is definitely worst

exactly !!!

Same here!
Extreme fast loading compared to pre SU5 and with a full community folder!
No CTDs or weird optical bugs.

Some of us just haven’t had that many issues. I’ve been a tester since alpha. Haven’t had a CTD since last Christmas.

The blatant laying on this post is so offensive to me… it’s not only that, it’s counterproductive since this type of behavior will not fix the real issues with the sim. This update messed up so many things, it’s indeed the worse update as some others have pointed out.

Where is your alpha tester ribbon?

This post is just from a happy customer. On every Q&A they say they read the forums so I was just saying thanks since they will perhaps read it. I know a lot of people won’t like it but some of us are happy with the sim and have no problems. By all means say your piece about the sim (same as I have done here).

I know how complex software can be and think this sim is a marvellous achievement with more to come in future.

1 Like

What’s a ribbon?

So they sacrificed visual quality so that they can… increase visual quality later? I’m afraid I fail to see your logic with that one, mate. Raytracing is not magic and will not make up for the type of visual changes many people are complaining about.

I agree that the title was not very well thought out, but to call the post a lie is too much. It’s a fact that some people are getting more issues than others, and some are even able to fly without noticeable issue at all. Personally, I don’t object to seeing someone express their contentment to balance out all the negativity a little bit.

I’m one of the people having issues myself, and I want to see them fixed ASAP, but the problems don’t blind me to the fact that the patch did some good things too.