Greetings from AmbitiousPilots

Hello fellow sim pilots!

Lots of messages and requests have reached me over the last months. As you may have noticed, I’ve been absent for some time now due to life events.

During my absence in the flightsim community I’ve finished my studies, moved abroad and started a new job. A lot has happened behind the scenes which took up my time.

I’m gladly telling you that I’m back looking forward to release up-to-date versions of my existing add-ons and there are plans for new things.

Most importantly, I’m about to release an update for Toolbar Pushback, so keep your eyes peeled for news over on flightsim.to and here on the MSFS forum. A new giveaway is in the pipeline as well.

At this point I want to thank all my patrons over at Patreon for their continued support even during my absence and all the donations towards my projects!

It’s awesome to see how Toolbar Pushback has become an essential tool for every day flight tasks and how big of an impact this add-on has made.

The ever growing user base shows that I must keep it maintained. Rest assured that I will do so.

Also a big thank you to the team behind Microsoft Flight Simulator who keeps releasing great new content and improves the simulator with every sim update!

Best,
AmbitiousPilots

59 Likes

Welcome back :+1:

1 Like

Welcome back, glad things are working out for you. TP is the second addon I ever got, NoHandleBar being the first. Both are indispensable!

1 Like

If you want a deeper integration with Flow, we’re more than willing to work with you and make it happen!

6 Likes

Welcome back, *68 :tumbler_glass:!! :wave:

2 Likes

Nice to see you back in the saddle again. Sounds like your priorities were spot-on. Life first. You left an indelible mark on this hobby with TP. Very happy to see you reengaging. Blue skies!

2 Likes

Oleee, welcome back, we missed you. We are happy about your return

1 Like

Please fix also Shift-Z , does not work in VR with SU12! :~)

1 Like

Welcome back and congrats on finishing your studies and setting up your life. Ignore the guy asking for fixes. Get your life together first and enjoy that before you get sucked into the ever wanting wish list of developing. I’m about to do the same. Finished my studies now hunting for a job abroad.

2 Likes

Oh yes please!

Very happy to see your return

1 Like

So glad to see you back.

Yes, please fix the Shift+Z utility. It’s heavily needed for performance optimization under VR but was broken by SU12.

I’ll promise you a donation for sure. :moneybag:

1 Like

Hi:
So glad that al is now well and you are able to return and help us in the simming community who rely so much in your excellent products.

I see some posts above that make reference to issues introduced by SU12. In my case, when using the MANUAL option for the pushback toolbar (my preferred option) there is a very strong stutter.

Hopefully you will be able to resolve that.

To help with your work, I will make a contribution, so that you can buy a good coffee and cake when you need a rest!!
Regards,
Roberto

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome! Feels good to be back.

@runshotgun Sounds great. Will contact you about the Flow Integration.

@N316TS @Sartanius Good to see you guys!

@UpstateElf898 Definitely. Hope you’ll find the job you’re looking for.

@pmb2019 I’m using Shift+Z Stats for performance as well, so update will follow after Toolbar Pushback. Thanks for the support.

@LabVirtual Roberto, rest assured that the issues will be fixed. Thank you very much for the coffee and cake!! :+1:

7 Likes

@AmbitiousPilots

Any clue on an ETA ?

Realy miss it :grimacing:

I’ve been just using the manual feature of the push back too, and honestly, it works better for me. I can slow the push back down a little bit, and especially in cramped quarters, I can precisely place the aircraft for engine start.

Welcome back. I’m sure there are tons of people that are eagerly awaiting a return to full functionality.

I was looking over Flow recently, and was surprised that a push back function isn’t natively a part of it. Seems like your product is all about a smooth, easy to navigate interface, for things in the sim that are used on every flight, and a slick push back feature seems like a natural fit.

We’re working on that one.

We couldn’t do everything in the initial release otherwise it never ends.

Well, that’s good to hear. I’m kind of a minimalist, in that I believe every program/software you layer on top of, or inside of, MFS, is asking for an unwanted consequence somewhere down the road, in the form of CTD’s. Flow cleans up some things in MFS, but there’s nothing that’s in it that makes me want to get it. BUT…if a dedicated push back was implemented as a feature, with the same clean Flow interface, that gets support going forward, I would closely look at it again. The price for Flow is very reasonable to boot. I’m glad to hear it’s a potential future feature.

Fantastic to see you back! Absolutely thrilled to know that Toolbar Pushback is going to be updated again.
I know there are many people on the Fenix discord that will also be excited with this news.