Ground texture - Low resolution - Internet incorrect Bandwidth

Did the precache work for you? I’m in the same situation but haven’t tried that yet.

1 Like

Yes it works, but same quality, thus i mean perhaps it’s the same and it’s just me…

1 Like

I noticed the same but worst. Two days and only 10 MIB consumed

1 Like

Try changing in-game servers to the next closest location.

1 Like

It is connected to the right server. That’s not the problem in my case.

1 Like

Guys you are right, There is too low ZL settings the higher you fly. It looks like garbage from anything above FL200.

And my connection is utilized for 0,5 - 2 Mbps max
(9900K, rtx 2080 Ti, no matter resolution LOD is the same).

23 Likes

I’m happy to see I’m not alone on this case.

Yes.
They recommend to have a 50 mbps internet bandwidth but the game uses no more than 1 or 2 mbps during flights.

And like the picture above, the higher you fly the lowest is the ground texture quality.

4 Likes

i have same ■■■■!!! What we can do!!

1 Like

no answer from some microsoft helpers!! what a company

4 Likes

You all have some valid observations that could be either completely normal performance for v1.0 or an issue. There has not been much discussion on this particular topic, but we will keep an eye out if discussion picks up.

Recommend you send in a Zendesk ticket to report your findings then check you email for a response from MS/Asobo.

1 Like

I did already, and I referenced this thread in it

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/34026

2 Likes

That link gives me a 404, even though I’m logged in to Zendesk

2 Likes

Off course it does. You are not supposed to access others tickets

1 Like

I compared a screenshot with the Bing image (ignore the typo):

And that’s not even the highest resolution Bing has, I just tried to zoom in to the same “height” on the same monitor.

This is what Bing could offer: (it’s the farm to the left, unrotated)

Another, especially horrible example for which I couldn’t find the corresponding place on Bing. Look at the jagged street running vertically in the top left corner:

(I put this here in hopes of MS seeing it when they process your ticket)

11 Likes

Yee, lets hope they will adjust this, or at least give us the manual option in settings.

The way it should work is that MSFS loads textures from bing in highest zoom level (closest to surface=most detailed)

But in the current state it loads zoomed out images from bing as you fly higher and higher which produces ugly distorted images

4 Likes

I’ m agree.
I’m impressed how people don’t take care of this.
First thing I noticed. And I think it is the same for all of them.

7 Likes

I would argue that it looks like garbage starting at about 7000ft…

9 Likes

I have the same problem. But when flying with GA at low speed (~100knots) at 2000ft. The sim seems to have enough time to load the scenery properly at low speed. Need to check this with a GA in higher altitude…

3 Likes

Except it’s not. My textures look nothing like this and it downloaded multiple GB (>4gb) within a couple hours of flight time.

There’s potential for 1) local hardware issues outside of networking 2) local network issues and 3) server-side issues.

1 Like

You are wrong. Simple test using manual cache proves that. Downloaded area using max quality. Flying over that area and climbing over that area shows same issue these users have over and over again.

5 Likes