Ground texture - Low resolution - Internet incorrect Bandwidth

Agreed makes sense that would really help us out.

I’ll just leave this here…good lord it seems like its getting worse!

2 Likes

Here you go, 10000ft

3 Likes

You are a very kind person for sharing this with the community. I have noticed since the changes that my receive speed in task manager while in MSFS2020 averages around 3,3Mbps, before it was less than 800Kbps, it goes as high as 9.2Mbps sometimes and in my opinion I have seen a difference. I am running the Terrain LOD @ 400 and the Object LOD @ 300, most settings on ULTRA, with some at high, also running Reshade with three shader tweaks and Arcane bloom. Here are some screenshots at 10k alt around the FALE area. Distant textures also seem sharper.

2 Likes

The solution I have given is mainly for the storage of tescstring objects rather than the ground, Teredo is responsible for the connectivity between your simulator and the server. It is necessary when you are not using ipv6. Teredo is the bridge between ipv4 and ipv6.

My problems were like this:

They were caused by a poor connection to the server, so it was loading me with poor quality textures.

1 Like

Please Let us try understanding you.

Which are you solving with this:

1. the lower resolution ground textures?
  2. the lower resolution photogrammetry textures (on the buildings for example)?
  3. the lower photogrammetry mesh resolution (the building shape and 3D details)?

My comment above (testing at 10000ft etc…) is about case 1 and case 1 only. The issue is solely related to LOD (level of detail) which is based on distance to aircraft. In short, imagine the full res texture is 1024x1024 pixels:

1. from 0 to 1000ft simulator uses 1024x1024 (full res)
  2. from 1000 to 2000ft simulator uses 512x512 (1/4 res)
    etc…

With v1.7.14 these steps where farther apart especially the 1st one and by comparison you’d get this instead:

1. from 0 to 3000ft simulator uses 1024x1024 (full res)
  2. from 3000 to 6000ft simulator uses 512x512 (1/4 res)
    etc…

When manually setting Terrain LOD to 200% you’re basically saying to the simulator to multiply by 2 these threshold distances. When manually setting LOD to 300% you’re multiplying by 3 which is in my example above the same as with v1.7.14 in this case.

For photogrammetry related resolution (texture and 3D mesh) the Terrain LOD setting is also influencing this, therefore, to make things comparable before and after your tip, you’d need to set the simulator LOD settings the same and compare pictures in the same condition of altitude and distance.

For example here is your before:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/uploads/default/original/3X/d/6/d69c5407d727083b136d42a0d3c0bc9bd79a9f07.jpeg

You’d need to show an after at the same spot with same LOD settings as before.

In the screenshots you’ve posted above as seen at an altitude it is clear the tip is not solving any ground texture resolution problem at all: the simulator in v1.8.3 is using a shorter LOD distance threshold and is using a lower resolution texture at a much closer distance than before. In particular your screenshots are showing already 1/16 resolution at least compared to the same ground texture as seen on the ground.

4 Likes

I can confirm this works, I tested a few moments ago at Gatwick and seems to be back to normal.

I’m not sure exactly what this does but its made it work, thank you :slight_smile:

My god, after falling down the rabbit hole of teredo, I was finally able to get it working in Win 10 home. Textures are much crisper on far mountains and high altitude!

3 Likes

Please share what you did for win 10 home to get Teredo working.

My Xbox networking (in win 10 settings) still shows as Moderate for NAT even after trying everything, including making a static IP, opening up TCP/UDP ports that are supposedly Microsoft’s flight sim 2020.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ps, a prominent Flight Simmer has even noticed how bad cities in the US look compared to other countries.

I’m seriously wondering at this point if there are some ground texture problems causing some of this. I cannot tell you how many times now I have seen the splits of good quality right next to horrible quality textures. I have also seen in a lot of areas where the roads are blue or green color. You can see in these shots what the differences are and when I was flying higher they were blurry as could be. I have seen areas flying over PNG where bing maps had clouds over that area and in game the textures were pretty crappy and looked sort of like a mix between snow, smoke, blurry mess, and just funk on the ground.

God dangit, I was trying to redo my settings and I messed it all up :frowning:

Let me see if I can reset it again…

Okay, I got it back. To reinitialize it I went to xBox Networking settings and let it run it’s test. It said it couldn’t initialize teredo so I clicked on “Fix it”. Once it finished I hit “Check again” and it worked…maybe it was as simple as that?

Hold on I posted my ip address in there! Let me grey it out…

1 Like

Yeah, I did all of what you said, multiple times, and mine still says Moderate.

I even did the run command (as admin) with the netsh int commands… still nothing.

I even port forwarded to MS’s TCP/UDP… still shows as Moderate.

I give up on teredo/Xbox NAT. :frowning:

Did you add this to your registry? That’s another thing I did…that’s all I can remember doing…

Add a string value of DisabledComponents with a value of 0
Make sure you restart after adding that to the Reg

This is unacceptable you have to do all of this to have the basic functionality built in game.

2 Likes

I’ve also had CTD since the update, every 30-40sec back to desktop withour any information.
But my solution was:: setting in the router → deactivate Toredo filter. Now i can play with ULTRA settings, everything is online: wheater, traffic, bing maps. (30-40fps) in Las Vegas

Before that I had tried everything, reinstalled, checked RAM, checked CPU, firewall checked, all settings made in MSFS, running programs switched off … nothing helped.

I hope i can make someone happy?.. :thinking:

1 Like

It is what it is…I’m just thankful for these forums…

1 Like

I did not have any issues till yesterday, but then it got worse again. Will try the teredo stuff after the world Update

1 Like

can you please tell me where i can find the steps to get this teredo thing running?

hi wo in den fritzbox einstellungen hast du das gefunden?