Ground texture - Low resolution - Internet incorrect Bandwidth

Here are some pics from my case.
The mountain mesh seems okay but the ground textue is blurry.
I tweaked the usercfg Lod: 6.000000
System:
I7 7700K / gtx1070 / 32gb 2400mhz / FullHD

@7000feet

I have a poor internet connection 25 vdsl.
But i will upgrade soon to 50.

And i know… I have this sim since release and before the first update the Ground Texture was crisp and beautiful!

Edit: i took this screenshots today @ 14:00 cet

1 Like

I really don’t think that they are this blurry and low res. If I check videos on youtube or other screenshots, it never looked that bad.
Also it changes from time to time in my case. I had a few days where they were really beautiful, but now it seems to get worse again…

I mean… Our pictures look good in this position. But if you zoomed in… The texture is horrible.
The buildings are crisp and the ground texture is
blurry…

Teredo did nothing for me also. I think people are grasping at straws here. I don’t think there is anything us end users can do. It is some kind of issue on MS end and their bandwidth and the level of detail of the satellite imagery they are streaming us.

1 Like

don’t get too excited about getting a better internet, i have 300mb/s and it looks blurry. The higher you are the more blurry it becomes. I think this is intended to save bandwidth or something. But in europe bandwidth is free so i would like no limitations and a crisp picture.

In Europe bandwidth is free??? I’m in Italy (Europe) and I have an optical fiber connection (800/900 mbit down - 200 mbit up) but I pay for it in my home! My company pay for internet connection too! At the same time, al servers all around the world pay for internet connection. And in this specific case, every server must have very very high UPload bandwidth to complies every FS client downloading from them at the same time. I’m not completely sure that’s the case …

After looking at the actual connections the sim makes when running with a TCP/IP analyzer, 99 percent of the data coming from Microsoft’s servers is using standard IPV4. Sometime I see a very brief IPV6 connection to one specific IP, but not every time. Everything else is IPV4, so it appears that Teredo or end-to-end IPV6 connectivity really isn’t going to have any affect on bandwidth or streaming data rate one way or the other.

I’ve noticed the same thing too just recently. Ground/terrain textures are now soft and poor looking as well as what happened to the water?? Every body of water now looks like a 2006 graphics effect. It’s all flat with just some simple ripple textures and that’s it. Created a thread on here last night as I thought it was because my rolling data usage displays 0.00B but after seeing this I’m beginning to think an update did this.

Yep.i have no active teredo connection and have downloaded 10s of Gb of data into the rolling cache

Server load is a thing i believe

If it’s not a secret, how much does this internet speed cost in Italy?

Have you checked the last World video ?? That’s just wooooowwww ! Everything we lost since the first update… It’s not looking like that anymore ! After 2 patches that ruins the level of details… Asobo has downgraded the games (even if it’s not intentionnal) and is still showing cinematographics trailers that aren’t real anymore (See the screenshot attached on my last approach in Barcelona OMG). I hope they fix this soon. Please Asobo ! I’m French living in Bordeaux and working 5 min distance from their studios ! I’ll make a message especially for them in French. I know Sebastian the CEO spend a lot of time on the forum :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Hopefully it may help… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

A l’équipe d’Asobo ! Vous avez certainement réalisé le plus beau jeu de l’histoire à sa sortie et pour je ne sais quelle raison aujourd’hui tout est parti, l’eau est devenue de l’huile sans intérêt, les détails si magnifiques avant sont absents et les bâtiments, les objets du monde ne chargent que quand on s’en approche à 500 mètres. On a l’impression d’avoir été trompés, dupés, appâtés à coup de trailers ou avec l’alpha pour aujourd’hui avoir une simulation ancienne génération… Regardez ce qui se passe toute la magie est partie… S’il vous plaît laissez nous choisir entre fluidité et qualité avec des paramètres graphiques mais ne baissez pas la qualité du jeu au bénéfice de la version X Box ou pour gagner des FPS car quand on a une machine surpuissante et qu’on a des textures FSX c’est triste…

Ci-dessous voilà ce qu’est devenu MSFS 2020… Je suis sur un core i7 RTX 2070S 32GO RAM Internet 900 Mbps. En ultra LOD 200.

10 Likes

i have 1gbit and it’s got blurry
Not a connection problem, i download at 105 110 mB…

1 Like

1gbit it’s like… mmm 70 euro month? maybe a little more or a little less i don’t remember
Or maybe 50, i have to check i don’t remember :open_mouth:

Yeah it was less, 50

For my gigabit f.o. I pay around 40 €/month

Must be nice in the states, at least my family, pays about the same ($75usd) however we get just 1/10th the bandwidth. 100mbps down 10mbps up. I am lucky our provider does not have data caps but there are many that do.

Do you guys across the pond run into data caps very often??

Bonjour, vu que tu es à 5 minutes a pied, tu pourrais même envisager d’y emmener ta machine pour comparer sur place avec les leurs! :wink:

PS: WOW, I’ve posted this in French and I’ve noticed there is a “world map” icon for automatic translation, which is actually doing a great job with the text above!

I pay 49,99 PLN ($14 USD) for this internet. (unlimited, no data cap)
Sorry for offtopic lol.

Wooow indeed the french you used is absolutely perfect ! Thanks for the tip !:grinning: To answer your question, I’m not sure they will let me in ! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: But I would be so happy to show them directly.

May be you can ask a dev to come to your home to show him what the game look like ^^