Ground texture - Low resolution - Internet incorrect Bandwidth

Great shots. Doing this with exact same place across users really helps to troubleshot differences between people!

I will try with 8x8, I think I’m on 4x4. That supersampling was said to be used only for decal textures, like numbers on runways, taxyway lines etc but who knows if it doesn’t helps elsewhere!

As for the trees, I do have them but like I edited in my post, I was in fact not under LOD 500 like I thought but LOD 400 on my first set of screens. You putting 500 has probably extended the tree rendering distance enough that you can see those trees rendered where I don’t.

At least I can see that you have now an MSFS matching mine and certainly better than what it was! Feels better, isn’t it? :wink:

1 Like

Great shots. Doing this with exact same place across users really helps to troubleshot differences between people!

Took about 10 or 15 mins to find the exact location.

I will try with 8x8, I think I’m on 4x4. That supersampling was said to be used only for decal textures, like numbers on runways, taxyway lines etc but who knows if it doesn’t helps elsewhere!

Please do. I will try different samplings in a city. I am a bit curious to know, I think it might be helping the textures of the buildings if not the trees, I hardly saw any impact on the trees when switched to 8x8(yet to try in a city.)

As for the trees, I do have them but like I edited in my post, I was in fact not under LOD 500 like I thought but LOD 400 on my first set of screens. You putting 500 has probably extended the tree rendering distance enough that you can see those trees rendered where I don’t.

I see. I heard in a video that setting the LOD at 400 can bring your visuals closest to what the PC community had in SU4 without compromising the performance, like minor to almost no fps loss.
If one’s hardware can handle LOD at 500, one should go for 500 cuz it obviously affects cities and makes them look better. Btw, can we go above 500? We can, right? If yes, would it break the game? :thinking:

At least I can see that you have now an MSFS matching mine and certainly better than what it was! Feels better, isn’t it? :wink:

Oh yeah, feels great.

I have been wondering for a while how Msft would handle the game coming on XBox and requiring a constant connection to their Azure cloud adding an extra constant strain on the system.
It could all be a bug, or maybe Msft has a dedicated a finite amount of resources on Azure for Flight Simulator, regardless of the size of the playerbase.
I was actually very surprised when the game launched last year that it wasn’t subscription based, requiring Gold or Game Pass, even on PC.

1 Like

I too was surprised that, despite how efficient the textures compression is, when you monitor data transfer during a flight, you’ll see a 1 to 2 hours flight will roughly takes 1Gb of data downloaded. And that’s just for one player.

I think MSFS was primarily envisioned by Microsoft as a prestigious showcase for Azure and Bing.

It is why I highly doubt that we will ever see scenery and satellite ground textures streaming in any other flight sim like X-Plane or P3D, unless Google decides to develop its own and I don’t see this coming

1 Like

Asobo can’t be serious with this draw distance. LOD 200, Ultra preset, more than sufficient bandwidth:

It’s been almost one year and nothing was fixed… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Even withh hot fix 2 still shocking bad

1 Like

Looks better than mine.
What settings do you have?

Fixed my blurry ground texture by Fixing my Teredo of Xbox Networking however now i know how badly slow the servers are.

1 Like

Are you using shaders or is it just default?

Flying at FL160.
No detail at all!!!

Hope this will get fixed soon.

2 Likes

These are default textures that only show up if you have switched to offline textures or if the area you are flying in has no suitable aerial images and the AI replaced them with offline textures.

Ah gotcha.

This was Latin America.
I believe things wil change once they release world updates for those areas.

Cheers Mark

You can see whether the coverage has holes in advance by zooming in on the world map. The patches of default textures are already visible in that view.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll keep that in mind when choosing my next flight😄

Ciao,

Mark

What livery is used in those shots?

Its the improved cessna Mod C172 JT-A » Microsoft Flight Simulator

1 Like

Hi everyone,

first of all, my name is Florian and I just bought the Flight simulator for the XBox Series S. I see in this thread, that many others also have the issue with really bad textures and detail within the game.
I have already deactivated the Toredo settings in my router and my NAT is open as well.
My settings in-game are attached to the post.
I’ve tried to increase the rolling cache to 64 GB max. but also no improvement!?

Unfortunately my game still looks super bad and I was wondering if you guys have other suggestions in order to get better performance in the game!?

Or will this not get any better without a new patch?

Thanks for your feedback!

1 Like

Are your distant textures fixed? I thought mine was okay (stopped concentrating on it), but lately distant textures are still disgusting.

Ultra preset - Terrain LOD 2.0

Would high resolution distant imagery really affect performance or memory usage that much? At least give us the option.

Server bandwidth doesn’t seem to be a concern for Asobo seeing as the new culling system for example constantly redownloads terrain just changing views without a rolling cache.