Ground textures are just plain ugly now

ok i reverted it, this is where i am at now. What’s next?

Run game. Should see improvement. If not check photogrammetry in data settings in game and make sure not grayed out.

so far everything is ON, im about to load in into San Diego

1 Like

Fingers crossed!

I’m flying in San Diego. Changed time to 6pm with live weather and traffic. Looks great to me.

can you take a screen shot please

This is what i got

How do you do that? Is there a hot key? Once I do how do I post? I’ve just never done it. Does yours still look bad? If so check photogrammetry again and make sure it’s not grayed out.

Do you think this looks bad?

On your keyboard there’s a button “PRTSC/SYSRQ”
Press it and paste it on paint then save it to desktop

When I’m flying over it no but when I turn my view towards the distance it looks horrible. I’m trying out Las Vegas as I had issues there too

But I think you mean buildings rather than textures. Am i right?
Something similar like this?

Photogrammetry is another issue altogether. I thought it only related to buildings but I found it influences ground textures in an area of photogrammetry buildings.

The 3rd set of comparison photos in this post illustrates the effect the photogrammetry setting makes on ground textures.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/deformed-buildings-someone-else-happens-to-him-before-this-did-not-happen/222247/38?u=bilingualharp7

2 Likes

I can’t figure out screenshot. I’ve paused my plane in a good place but I hit prt scrn and nothing happens. What an i missing?

Yes! Is that normal?

Go to paint and click paste and it should paste it for you

This is Vegas for me with everything on Ultra. Zoom in and you’ll see how ugly it looks

1 Like

Actually maybe your right. I zoomed in far and it does show lower rez texture in some areas. Doesn’t really bother me because I don’t notice unless I zoom in.

I’m sorry, but it probably won’t get any better. This is done for optimization purposes, they could just tweak it a little more so it didn’t irritate the eyes that much.

I found my screen shot but excited the sim to do it. I copied and I’ll paste it in for you when sim loads back up.