Ground textures are just plain ugly now

Really thanks Genemachine2000, my bing data was off, as photogrametry!!!

After turning them on, it was a game changer!

Why MS turned off these settings without inform us? What a waste of time!

I have bing data and the rest ON and plus good Teredo and still everything looks crappy. Im depressed now.

3 Likes

you are very welcome , i know how frustrating this was for me . also , i forgot to say check the resolution as well , I’m guessing at this stage all worked out for you tho !

have fun !!

1 Like

Genemachine do you have any leads why photogrammetry buildings in bigger cities like New York looks like melted spires or blocks for me ? I have fast internet and all on ultra, data bing ON and the rest okay. What is worrying me is that my data consumption shows 0. Have any idea what to do friend? I have Teredo sorted and working too. But still buildings with photogrammetry are looking very bad.

1 Like

Please understand now that the game has been Downgraded since the last patch Japan

So we should wait till next patch Christian? It’s okay for me, i hope they will do something about it. As it really makes me down.

Have the exact same problem. Buildings look like triangles from a few miles away. Especially in NYC and Chicago’s downtowns.

I’ve tried everything. :frowning:

Ultra

2 Likes

Hi bro, how do you soften the shadows in the distance ? Is there any settings to change or ?

Hi @airflyone, I just edited it in PS as a sample.

Ok thx @Mariangello I thought you found a way to edit it in the sim… Maybe in a next update…

1 Like

How did you do that? Sounds like a great idea!

the msfs2020 will never return graphically as in the launch

Photoshopped only, not in the game. :slight_smile:

Problem is that photogrammetry isn’t actually available for the whole world. Even if msfs had all available photogrammetry in the sim it wouldn’t cover the whole world.

Apologies for VERY late reply … i have the same problem too at times , i think it could be that your graphics card just isn’t able to keep up ( just like mine) . this sim needs alot of power to run it and i think some computers are running it and nothing more . sometimes at low level , lets say in the Cessna Caravan at high speed in a built up area my computer just freezes up and stops. i have the same problems with triangle skyscrapers too that look like there melting, they take time to generate …hope this helps!

It’s not a computer issue. Ground textures are ugly because MSFS draw distance is terribly low. Everybody has this issue, it’s even recognizable on official trailers… If only devs would fix it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.