Guess where?

The outside of the Toirano Caves in Liguria, Italy?
Not sure because it does look very South American…

nope, it 's not in italy

@ NiKoTin3420

Is that excavation in the foreground some sort of mine or quarry ?

yes it s a quarry

:rofl: good one.
What‘s confusing me is the quality of the mesh. Most quarries look much more “distrorted” than this one. That‘s why I first thought it could be photogrammetry. I looks European to me, but there must thousands of quarries in Europe. Not easy at all.
Is this just some random quarry or did you choose it for a specific reason, e.g. because it‘s famous for something?

1 Like

it s not really a famous one indeed it s in europe

I thought it was easy since it s not that far from an international airport (not big one but it s an international one)

Stupid me🤦🏻‍♂️, of course it is in the one photogrammetry place I haven‘t checked. West of Bilbao. So it wouldn’t have been that difficult after all.

3 Likes

congratz ! indeed along the vor 12 approach, this place is called : Canteras de Santullan

tomorow the Tour de france will start at Bilbao , maybe an opportunity to see this mountain / quarry didn’t saw the exact track yet

1 Like

lol, yeah really stupid. How could you not have looked in that specific 100m squared part of the entire planet until now!! I may have to degrade your alien status to “underwater deep sea creature that no-one has yet discovered” :blowfish:

5 Likes

Next one.

2 Likes

We’ve stalled here? Time for a clue?? :wink:

We’ve all been taken to the mother ship. No one left on earth.

2 Likes

The dam is quite distinctive and the road pattern in the nearby town rather odd.

It‘s in northern Africa.

Bougzoul. Algeria. The clue helped a lot, this planet is quite a big place.

3 Likes

Yes, that‘s it. sorry for not having monitored the thread. I‘m currently on holiday.

3 Likes

No problem enjoy your holiday!

Next one…

2 Likes

Port Davis / Port Pirie, Southern Australia.

2 Likes

Yes your turn!

I might have to pick somewhere that isn’t Australia for my next one as you might be on to me. :grin:

Actually I have been through a big part of Africa, Madagascar and India coasts before going to Australia…

Here’s next one :

2 Likes