Guess where?

It’s in Ethiopia. The village on the left is called Melka Werer.

3 Likes

Wow that was a really mean one. The lake is barely visible on the satellite picture and isn’t present in map mode in Bing Maps (or GoogleMaps for that matter). How the hell did you find that?
Right … sorry … alien … dumb question … :joy:

3 Likes

Had it not been for the hint, I wouldn’t have found it.
Weird. I’ve just noticed that in Google Maps the village is called Amibara and Melka Werer is further north. Whatever the real name is, this is the spot.

2 Likes

The next one might be a bit tricky. But it’s the only one I’ve got at the moment.

Hint: South America

2 Likes

Well then it’s a good thing the last one was so easy. Finally: a challenge :joy:

3 Likes

Yes, that’s it… I wanted to point out this strange lava field that looks like a 5 branches star, which is clearly visible on GM, but very small :

Good job !

1 Like

Where exactly is this geological formation?

The rules of the game are that you have to win the current round before it’s your turn.

(Eye of the Sahara in Mauritania far too easy for this game!)

3 Likes

looking at the screenshot it s say mauritania Adrar, maybe a hint :sweat_smile:

Time for another hint I guess. As I said, it‘s in South America. And it‘s north of the Equator. That should narrow it down considerably.

1 Like

■■■■ I have been flying there 2 weeks ago, will take a look at

Mérida, Venezuela

4 Likes

Yes, that‘s the place.

3 Likes

The last tip was elimentary. :slight_smile:
Had previously searched around in Columbia near Medellin, but the satellite imagery as well as 3D-mesh there is abysmal.

(Just an example: NOT a new picture to look for :slight_smile: )

1 Like

So and this is the one you’re to look for please.
As you might have guessed it’s not in Venezuela :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Kronotski volcano, Kamtchatka, Russia…

3 Likes

Well, at least it took over 3 hours :smiley:
Your turn :+1:

2 Likes

In fact it took 15 minutes, as it is exactly on a flight plan I made (but haven’t flown yet). I tried the Aleutian roots in the south of Alasaka, then searched in Kamtchatka.
Here’s the related flight plan, If some are interested in the volcanoes tour…
VFR Russia UHQO to UKLH.pln (5.8 KB)

Here’s my next one… still not easy, so I give the first hint : it’s in Europa.

(be careful, it is a very wide angle)

3 Likes

That’s 15 of your own planets minutes I suppose? Which equates to 2.637 light years for us here!

(P.S I do know that light years is a measure of distance, not time… duh! It just sounded better :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

If it’s good enough for Star Wars… (a Parsec being 3.26156 light years)

3 Likes