Guess where?

Archer, can you double-check your previous statement that the Mississippi is closer to this place than the Danube?

1 Like

checked and verified.
no matter if you go East or West. Definitely.

Don’t look any further. Like the Amazon it’s the completely wrong climate zone. Much colder. Depending on who you ask it’s either humid continental or boreal climate. That will limit it to the Northern Hemisphere.

I might also add that the landmass on the left is actually an island in the river. I hope this helps.

so to sum it up:

• an island in a large river
  • humid continental or boreal climate depending on the classification model
  • Northern hemisphere
  • closer to the Mississippi than the Danube

St. Lawrence River at Isle-aux-Coudres?

2 Likes

THAT’s it! :slight_smile: Congratulations. Your turn.

Let’s do something easy. Where is this?

6 Likes

I was guessing the Uruguay river. There aren’t a lot of really big rivers like that. But as a Canadian, I should have guessed the Saint Lawrence.

1 Like

I know that one.
That’s the Kölnbrein reservoir in the Malta valley in Carinthia, Austria

3 Likes

I saw the image and thought exactly the same! Was just to lazy to look up the exact name.

1 Like

Yep, you got it! Your turn!

So let’s try this one. I’d estimate it not to be too difficult, but I’ve been wrong before :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s in Cyprus. On that steep hill on the right would be the St. Hilarion Castle if it were modelled.

2 Likes

exactly! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here’s the next one:

2 Likes

Thought it would be easy with the New Zealand registration number and Mount Cook livery… I think this plane is a little far from home. :thinking:

2 Likes

Kayrakkum Reservoir, East of Chudschand, Tadschikistan.

2 Likes

You Are Good GIFs | Tenor

4 Likes

Yup. Well done.

1 Like

Let’s get something on the ocean again, shall we? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Concentrate on the Americas. Among the biggest countries there it’s in the top five.

Must be Fortaleza in Brazil then. Was looking in Africa first.

3 Likes