Guess where?

Yes, that’s it ! I knew this one would not last for long… but I liked the view.
Your turn…

1 Like

Yes that’s a nice screenshot. I didn’t know Caracas was that mountainous so I first checked Quito and some other cities in the Andes.
The next screenshot isn‘t as spectacular but it shows a very interesting spot geographically and a Mecca for a certain type of people.

3 Likes

If that certain type are surfers I’ll go for Haleiwa, Honolulu

It is a hotspot for surfers indeed, but it’s not in Hawaii.

Nazaré, Portugal

3 Likes

Yes, it’s Nazaré. It’s geographically very interesting because there’s a huge underwater canyon which ends relatively close to the shore. The canyon increases and converges the incoming ocean swell which, together with the local water current, leads to these enormous waves. The current world record for the biggest wave ever surfed was achieved there in 2020. It was over 26m high.

Your turn.

5 Likes

That looks like the end of the world happening right there!

1 Like

Yeah, it‘s mightily impressive. I went to this place last year when I was on holiday in Portugal, just to see the waves. They were nowhere near as tall as they can get there but it was still an amazing spectacle. I stood at that very spot for at least an hour just watching the waves. Somehow that never gets boring.

1 Like

Nice! Doesn’t sound like fun getting in whilst holding a plank of wood (or whatever fancy material boards are made of these days)!

I’ve been watching one hour of Nazaré’s surfing videos, it’s impressive !!!
Nice spot !

1 Like

What do you guys think about adding a rule that if someone found the location and is 100% sure, they can post the next screenshot without waiting for confirmation. That would speed things up a little. Just a thought.

1 Like

Yeah - we sort of have been doing that if someone is 100% sure I think, but yes that can be done! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay.
Here you go.

I might add. The PG is from an addon. MSFS does NOT have PG in that area!

3 Likes

Random guess… Thailand area?

I guess it’s Arco, Italy?

unbelievable :rofl:
Yes it is indeed. Ever been there?

2 Likes

No, I haven’t. The lake in the background was the clue. Must be a very nice region.
Next one:

3 Likes

Argh! :weary: I wasn’t around for this or I would surely have got it. Back in the nineties it was one of my favorite freeclimbing areas, sometimes for weeks on end.

1 Like

It is. Just don’t visit in the summer. Too crowded and too hot and humid.

Sorry about that. :slight_smile:
Have often watched the free climbers on the rockface beneath the castle ruins myself.

1 Like

This one looks like the kind of cities I build in Cities: Skylines game :smiley:

2 Likes