Guess where?

Time for a hint: It‘s in Europe

1 Like

what about altdorf * , maybe , germany ? or maybe italty since germany is way more green :thinking:

It‘s neither in Germany not in Italy. But you’re right, it‘s in the south.

1 Like

Megalopoli Mine in Greece?

2 Likes

Almost, further north…

2 Likes

I think greece is right but more on of the northern greece mines around Ptolemaida/Amyndeon.

…it is Ptolemaida, I am shure, seen from east-northeast.

Wow, that hole is huge!

4 Likes

You’ve got it. Well done.
Interesting…the imagery in Bing Maps seems to be more recent than in the sim. I found quite a few places where that’s the case lately. It looks like the Bing team are busy updating the imagery, which is great news as I’m sure we’ll see that in the sim eventually.

1 Like

Oddly that didn’t turn up on any of the lists of European open pit mines I found!

I am using this site for help this time.

But have lost some time searchin in spain first…

I have found this place lately, I hope it is not to common…

4 Likes

Probably not… I have bee searching for a quite long time with no success. At first, I would have bet on eastern Europe, but I could not find anything there. I’ve bee almost everywhere since…

Wow, you have foxed one of the aliens. Impressive!

So the key feature is that square “something” near the centre of the photo. It’s a fortification or old castle with a moat around?

The shape of the perimeter wall looks Oriental to me. China somewhere?

I also thought to China, looking for this big square, and been wandering over the main rivers with no success.
We can also see mountains in the background…

There’s a city called Taungu in Myanmar that is close to looking like the pic, but not exactly the same.

Same here. My first guess was Eastern Europe as well. Then I started to work my way through a list of bastion forts, without success. It‘s really hard to tell where in the world that is. I wouldn‘t mind a hint…

I was also surprised to find such an fortress structure where it is.

And some of you are already „near“. Both Myanmar and China are not so far away……

And it is not in India.

1 Like

Found it I think!
Quang Tri Citadel in Vietnam

5 Likes

Arrgh you beat me to it. Found it as well. Well done!
48806 Quang Tri, Quảng Trị, Đường Trần Hưng Đạo 286
Lat: 16.7538898412772 / Long: 107.188736844578

2 Likes

Yes, you do it! Gratulation :star_struck:. Now give us a nice one to guess.

Never sure with you guys - is this too hard? What is the nearest town?

3 Likes

Have you got an add-on making those panels 3d or is that the base sim? They don’t seem to match up with the satellite image.