HALO in MSFS, the surprise?

Yeas I know but is it just an update like game of year we had?

I think so.
Would be dumb to let us pay for it.

1 Like

Microsoft Flight Simulator - 40th Anniversary Announce - 4K - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022 - YouTube

Weā€™re already taking bets on how many knobs will be functional in this HALO thingy.
My bet 3!

2 Likes

I think it will be a paid expansion like Reno was.

Worst surprise ever

10 Likes

I wont even be downloading it.

5 Likes

Well, we saw a new edition, I donā€™t think the Halo thing is a big deal, its another crossover like the Top Gun Maverick. What I am stoked to see is a Airbus A310 and helicopters now ICYMI.

1 Like

We are happy and proud to present youā€¦

Question:
WHERE IS INFORMATION ABOUT WUX???

i think there will be a reveal about the upcoming world update later in the showā€¦

there must beā€¦

1 Like

here is post about a310

tldr; it will be free

iniBuilds Development Update: Partnership with Microsoft Flight Simulator - iniBuilds Announcements - iniBuilds Forum

9 Likes

Gliders and helicopters look great. The Halo jet isnā€™t for me, but itā€™s fine for those that like that. I mean, the Darkstar is also a fantasy jet and everyone went gaa-gaa over it. Itā€™s not like itā€™s all-hands-on-deck at Asobo to develop these bonus planes. They probably farmed it out to another studio like Caranado doing the famous flyers.

1 Like

Some of you are missing the point, and are focusing on the Halo thing. First things first, the Halo partnership is genius from a marketing standpoint. It might not be everyoneā€™s cup of tea, but it gets people interested in MSFS, which benefits us all. More players = more money to invest in making the sim better.

I think the actual surprise is the Anniversary edition. A FREE A310 courtesy of iniBuilds, a DC3, Beaver, gliders, helicopters, and others, all coming this year? This is awesome content and this type of live service is never before seen in the flight sim industry, which is fantastic!

33 Likes

The anniversary edition will be nice. Not thrilled about the Halo ship though. But what I am ticked off is they had the MSFS section, and no update on the World Update or the Local Legend. This was the whole reason why I did nothing this morning waiting for the stream. And that time was wasted. Not sure if the announcement got delayed because of yet another issue releasing the Local Legend planned again.

2 Likes

Yeah, seems like a pretty exciting update to me. Also free Spirit of St. Louis and Wright Brothers plane. Iā€™m not sure how people are finding that disappointingā€¦

4 Likes

It also sounds like helicopters will be free when previously they were discussed as a paid add-on.

Because these are things that should be included in the initial release? And the Halo thing well wow a fictional plane.

I bet you think every plane that has ever existed should have been in the initial release too? Your expectations seem a little unrealistic buddy.

4 Likes

Totally not interested in that Halo plane. Iā€™m watching because of the WU x update. Where is itā€¦

3 Likes