HALO in MSFS, the surprise?

Looking forward to flying the A310.

5 Likes

Honestly I was always surprised there wasn’t a pelican at launch. They always add a bit of Halo to all of their games.

Now we know why we haven’t heard about the AH DC-3 or the Milviz Beaver in a while. And why Wing42 haven’t had time to fix the Boeing 247 - he probably has his hands full with the Wright flyer.

1 Like

That Halo was another trailer. See the MSFS trailer below.

And yes, apparently going to be free for all.

4 Likes

Dear Asobo team, leave space- and dropships to the people who are familiar with them.

Even if Chris Roberts is smiled at by many people in the scene because of his endless alpha, CGI is still several light years ahead of you in these things.

That’s a pleasant surprise. They had previously talked about helicopters and gliders being a paid expansion.

Yes, everyone agrees on that, this is fantastic.

But most of us - including me - were expecting some sort of news about the upcoming World Update X which was announced as “Big Surprise”. I mean we already knew about upcoming helicopter and glider support.

And please don’t tell me that the “Halo aircraft” is related to the upcoming World Update X :wink: (or are we getting “another planet” to fly on?)

Wow, iniBuilds giving the A310 for free is really nice. I just picked it up for $10 on sale not too long ago for XP and thought that was a really, really good deal. Wonder what it will be like in MSFS?

1 Like

Wait
The A310 is by inibuilds?

THE A310 FROM INIBUILDS?

3 Likes

From the above linked news, quote:

Here is just a small sampling of what simmers will find in the Microsoft Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary Edition:

Historical Aircraft:

Wright Flyer
Ryan NYP (“Spirit of St. Louis”)
Douglas DC-3
De Havilland Canada DHC-2-Beaver

Helicopters:

Bell-407
Guimbal Cabri G2

Gliders:

DG Flugzeugbau LG8-18
DG Flugzeugbau DG1001E neo

True-to-Life Airliner:

Airbus A310
3 Likes

World Update X will probably be “SPACE” :rofl:

1 Like

“Nobody hates flight sims more than flight sim fans”. If we could find a way harness the sheer miserableness into clean energy we’d be set for the future. :slight_smile:

The helo’s and gliders look great - excited for November. Awesome about the free INIBuilds A310 as well. Unexpected.

21 Likes

with the FS moon so disproportionately close it wouldn’t hurt if it had a couple of airports

2 Likes

LOL silly everyone knows that earth is the center of the galaxy and anything beyond 275k’ if just an illusion on a painted sheet of glass
 ;p

5 Likes

yes exactly , there is post on their forums , about that

1 Like

A lot to look forward to in november. The planes on the list are a treat. Dont know any games that gifts this much free content.

Sure i dont care for the halo thing (nor the airbus) but i quess others like it. A lot of different things for different people.

Great jobb Asobo/MS

11 Likes

Hello everyone,

Please keep all discussion about today’s announcement in this thread:

Thanks,
MSFS Team