[Official Discussion] Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase Announcements

During the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase on June 12, we made the following announcements for Microsoft Flight Simulator:

• Microsoft Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary Edition: coming FREE to all existing MSFS players in November 2022, this update will include helicopters and gliders, two aircraft types that have been long-requested by the community. Additionally, several fan-favorite planes are making their return from Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight. These planes include the Douglas DC-3, the Ryan NYP (“Spirit of St. Louis”), the Wright Flyer, de Havilland Canada Beaver, and Airbus A310.

• Halo Pelican: in partnership with 343 Industries and available NOW as a free download from the Marketplace, Microsoft Flight Simulator pilots can now fly the iconic dropship from the Halo franchise.

More information about the 40th Anniversary Edition and Pelican addon can be found at the following Xbox Wire link:

57 Likes

…promising list of aircraft I think :grinning:
Can’t wait to get it.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why people are mad. I’ve been waiting for a flyable Pelican since Halo Reach.

I’m absolutely excited.

20 Likes

Great news, I was really happy to see the Beaver (actually all the other classic FSX planes as well). The real highlight for me are the gliders - I have been missing them since the release day of MSFS 2020.

10 Likes

This just made me SO happy! The hype is real! Love it!

8 Likes

No it isn’t

3 Likes

Very exciting announcement about the anniversary edition. Looking forward to November!

3 Likes

This looks beautiful. Really looking forward to the DC-3 and A310 in particular, although innate glider and helicopter support is going to offer a lot of gameplay variety. I just hope they don’t simply port the FS2004 aircraft over.

2 Likes

Has the content of WU 10 been published before release this coming Tuesday 14th June?

2 Likes

Nice. Looking forward to that.
Actually thought they would announce the content of the WU10 update due on Tuesday.

1 Like

Where is WU10?

2 Likes

The World Update will likely be mentioned in the after show, if it’s at this show at all.

And NOW is when?

Now NOW or tomorrow NOW?

2 Likes

A Halo Infinite Pelican? Oh man… I thought nothing could beat the Maverick Darkstar but this new UFO deserves a whisky :rofl: :joy:

Cheers

4 Likes

Maybe WU10 NOW

“well what happened to then?”

“we passed it!”

“when?!”

"just now!’

10 Likes

It looks amazing, congratulations Asobo.

Will the A310 come with all Inibuilds liveries?

1 Like

isthisreallife.gif