Happy birthday Flight simulator 2020! šŸŽ‰

How the times have changed. Long before when someone wished Happy Birthday it was just good wishes and a time for appreciation and celebration.

Nowadays itā€™s perfectly woke to gate crash in a celebratory message and start the rants of all the faults and issues.

Yes, we all already know of the issues; we are also users of the same MSFS remember? Doesnā€™t really need a reminder here. And it doesnā€™t get any higher priority with another reminder. Nor does it get any more constructive.

Wouldnā€™t the world be nicer if one could just hold their criticism inside the so many other threads instead of coming in here to a celebration post and ā€¦.

15 Likes

Happy Birthday Flight Sim , 1 year in ā€¦ 1 - 2 large updates EVERY MONTH, many ups and a few downs but going higher to the sky and getting better every time!

5 Likes

It is a rough deal for the users who are experiencing a downgrade with SU5. Myself, I fly exclusively VFR and since SU5HF2 the sim has NEVER been better. I got a nearly 30% increase in frames per second, I havenā€™t experienced a single crash to desktop, and I have no complaints about the visuals. Every flight is pure joy. I love the detailed world map. Weather is spot-on (stormy afternoon here in Utah which was properly reflected in real-time).
I hope ASOBO gets the issues sorted for the users that are having problems, but Iā€™m firmly in the ā€œHappy Birthday - thanks a tonā€ camp.

3 Likes

Are you speaking of yourselfā€¦lol. :grinning:

I am with you wishing Asobo a happy birthday and I wish the community a happy birthday as well. I am not happy with the bugs introduced with SU5 but I am happy with the performance increase. I am confident all the bugs will be ironed out over time.

2 Likes

FS2020 is now a VFR/scenery game.

For those of us who attempt to seriously fly IFR on PC, itā€™s just a very pretty waste of disk spaceā€¦and a substantial amount of money.

Happy Birthday? Maybe not for all of us.

2 Likes

There will always be malcontents who will not be satisfied. if you donā€™t think itā€™s better go else where.

4 Likes

Been a blast, a year of ups and downs, steps forwards, steps backwards ā€¦

We are SO much better off where we are today, and have had nothing but the best from the team.

Congrats on a great sim/game ā€¦ whatatever you do, wherever you fly, remember we are a community :Ā¬)

12 Likes

Totally agree. I played with game pass at launch and loved it but just had too many problems so played other games, came back 3 or 4 months ago now and flied at least 3 hours a day since. Itā€™s an incredible show of technology and Microsoft and Asobo should be very proud of their first year, hereā€™s to the next 10 or so :partying_face:

3 Likes

Another person who canā€™t see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Yep there are issues but, look for the positives

2 Likes

Happy Birthday!!!:hugs: :partying_face: :birthday::confetti_ball::tada:

4 Likes

1st birthday gives us terrible experience caused by SU5 bugs.

I hope next year this sim becoming more stable and mature.

2 Likes

Absolute nonsense. Flying loads of IFR flights. Of course there are some issues, but your statement is one of those over the top rejections that we see unfortunately way too often here.

MS/Asobo, congratulations with this beautiful sim, and a year long journey with ups and downs (but definitely going uphill) that isnā€™t finished yet!

12 Likes

Happy Birthday MSFS2020, itā€™s been a rocky first year and the Sim has moved sideways at best. When you work you look beautiful and itā€™s great, when you donā€™t itā€™s a frustratingly painful experience.

I hope now that the Xbox version is out you can begin to grow properly, that you pay more attention to update releases and begin to really grow into what could well become the greatest flight sim ever.

1 Like

Happy birthday to msfs2020 yay!!!

3 Likes

Happy Birthday! And many congratulations Asobo on completing the first year of many in the development of this amazing sim. Of course youā€™ve been working on it for a lot longer than that too. Donā€™t be put off by the rants and complaints - hear them, but also hear the positivity and enjoyment that many many others share. Take all of that on board as you move forward and seek to deliver on your vision for this sim.

@Filippo20032222 - what a great thread, and yet such a shame that it is, like so many other posts sharing a positive perspective on the sim, needlessly hijacked by those who seek to pour their misery on every thread - not being content with the threads they have already raised with their legitimate concerns. As one poster above said, it used to be that wishing someone a Happy Birthday was a simple celebration

12 Likes

yup we have been in this mood for an entire year, and it seems like weā€™ll keep doing so for quite a long time aheadā€¦ waiting, waiting, and waiting in patience.

2 Likes

Official posts regarding the anniversary? Anything? Wasnā€™t something announced for today? Communication is at an alltime low since SU5, kinda sad to see that.

2 Likes

Agreed! 100% !

My main regret is that I do not have enough command of the English language to allow me to send a verbal scud to all moaners.

Well answered ! I completely agree with Archer374 !

Happy birthday to Asobo and the MSFS team !

6 Likes

Ad hominems are strictly forbidden here. Just trying to help :slight_smile: