Happy birthday Flight simulator 2020! 🎉

Hi all!
Today this sim make his first birthday! This has been a long year of continue developing, and the simulator start to became very, very good! That’s why i want to congratulate me with evryone here; @asobo @ MSFSCommunityTeam @ moderators @ ModeratorTeam and all the member of the forum; mostry a big thanks all this giant community, for share pictures, freewere scenery and to just make me happy!
Dear Asobo, dont worry about the pepoles who continue send you bad comment or bugs issue ecc… You are young and you are growing up. So you will surely learn more and more from your mistakes. l also Like you because you leave us to chose on what we want in further update. Hope you grow up well and you get the bestest rating of evry other games!
Again, i know im not the first one, but really Thank you to all !! :heart:

Happy flying and enjoy the sky to all!!!
Sincerely,
Filippo

98 Likes

ps. Wethinks that perhaps that Guy on the right has had one to many CTD’s.

5 Likes

Filippo, I’m sure,
you can become both !

good luck !

2 Likes

:balloon: Wooo happy birthday to this beautiful sim

3 Likes

Very ambiguous comment, for some its perfect for others its not. It depends on individuality, in what people want…I dont believe there is a perfect Sim or world. Its peoples perception and beliefs,which everyone should respect.

3 Likes

So you have none of these issues ? Can you confirm this is a local issue with my setup then?

Happy to concede but you need to provide more details.

Thanks.

1 Like

I have had many CTD due to third parties, I have had a lot of issues…same with other Sims. I Just tweak and play around…99% of the time its what I have done to change things. Its not a broken Sim. I get fed up people complaining that they are " devs" can do a better job…then why are they not :woman_shrugging:…believe me I had my problems. Also I find it crass how peeople talk how much they spent and want a refund…even on their system they bought, its a choice in life.

3 Likes

Well I am sorry to hear that, hope you get your issues sorted, sounds like you not enjoying the Sim. All the best

2 Likes

Thankyou and I am glad you’re happy with the sim. I’m just annoyed that SU4 everything was working for a many years fsx simmer like me.

But since SU5 things that were working are not and it is a shame as it seems something went wrong somewhere and I hope they fix it.

8 Likes

So whats your solution there are other sim platforms out there to sim?

1 Like

That’s not a solution. So if my Nokia phone don’t work I should go to using a iPhone?

2 Likes

I cant argue that, but its easier to complain than it is to say “well done” simming world are full of complaints. No matter what they do…if they change things it pleases some…“they are dammed if they do…and they are dammed if they don’t”…one thing I have learnt its a very fickle industry.

3 Likes

Well having had 3 kids and 5 grandkids, I can say with authority that our 1 year old is behaving more like a 2 year old. :grin:

1 Like

I work in IT support and I know what you mean when things work we get no praise. When things break we get lots of complaints.

But I don’t see at this point in time we should be celebrating an anniversary when many pc users cannot fly with the immersion they had before.

I would rather someone admitted they made a mistake and will rectify it asap.

6 Likes

Ah Ha ! So that must be your good self on the far right in the Happy Birthday Sing a Long Vid.

2 Likes

:grinning: I was bought up in England, maybe I am use to poor communication and poor customer service…so anyone that gives me a bit of better customer service I grab it :rofl:. Again we all knew it would be on XBOX…

Hopefully we get a special sale on the Marketplace to celebrate! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There have been a lot of turbulence over there last twelve months but, the sim is better than it was at launch and it was great at launch.
I am sure there are bigger and better things to come
I would not have spent some 1500 hours in this last twelve months (that’s 187.5 days based on an 8 hour day or 6.25 months based on the same 8 hour day)
I look forward to the future being bright as the development goes on.
So, Happy first birthday MSFS2020 and to ASOBO and the team (even though we have had at times a bumpy ride) job well done.

6 Likes

Not true it is not better it is worse than before so that is not something we should applause but be more constructive so we can address these issue to be resolved.

4 Likes

Happy birthday to this community as well!

Of those complaining (and I’ve been one also of course), who has actively submitted detailed reports to Zendesk? No point whinging if you’re not prepared to help identify the issues. Let’s hope that by next birthday we’ll have a lot of these ironed out.

Click the FS above, then click on Support. Keep to the point, make it useful, and think how others reading your report may be able to replicate it by following what you report.

5 Likes