Has anything been said about extending the anniversary sale for the Xbox marketplace as it's been unavailable?

The Marketplace on Xbox has been unavailable for the past few days for a good portion of the community.

Has anything been said about extending the sale duration?

I know Asobo has a few ways they often report announcements and I haven’t seen anything on any of my news feeds but I’m wondering if maybe I’m just missing something and they’ve commented on this some place.

Thank you

PC marketplace also out
Was planning on buying today hope that it is extended

Verify online functionality didn’t get switched off for you in options during the outage by the way. Mine did for some reason.

2 Likes

Other thing to try is to reset your connection to the MS servers by toggling online functionality off in Settings > General > Data, then saving, then back on, then saving, then restarting the sim.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip

That is what happened
All working fine now

Mine was unavailable. But it my settings on xbox . Something has happened where all my LIVE settings including weather were set to off.
I reset in general settings i believe. And after a few mins market place was active again.
I’m only on cloud gaming and since 40th update i have a few problems with the sim. Including controller profiles have gone and will not save

The sale says to Nov 15th (today) but their gone?? If it says on sale from 11-15th that should include today!

Yep, just been caught out by this as well. The thumbnail is still advertising the sale, but prices are back to normal on the store. I would have thought the dates would be inclusive.

It has been my observation that usually the sale ends 16:00 UTC on the last day (so translate that to your timezone). Orbx sale is often (not always) in sync with the timing and they usually list the exact time/date the sale will end. Hopefully useful reference for future sales. I certainly bought a few things (maybe too much), some of which I’d never seen on sale.

2 Likes

Ok good to know. I was gonna buy a few more things but maybe this is a good way not to spend more lol.

Yep, I did the same last night before bed. Few last items in my wish lists Orbx and marketplace. If it weren’t for Orbx timer I would have probably waited until today as well.

I did notice the marketplace was still going offline lastnight as well.

Also noticed this. I planned to hop on to buy a couple of things tonight, but at 23:30Z on 15th Nov it’s all over… disappointing, but it’s not like I don’t have something to fly so there’ll always be another opportunity :roll_eyes:

Will try to remember it’s 16:00Z as @WasabiDadSFO mentioned a few posts above. Same time as the update releases, I guess. Should make it easier to remember.

Hopefully those who were wanting a certain item in the Marketplace before the sale ended was able to snag it! The intermittent server outages were unfortunate, but we were not able to extend the sale. Apologies to those who may have missed it.

Marketplace sales do happen often though so keep an eye out! Cheers.