Hatswitch Question

Hi
Not sure if I’ve just duplicated this post!
I’m new to the 40th edition sim and must say after 17 yrs of simming with Microsoft I’m really struggling! I can’t get the hat switch to go to all 8 positions inside of cockpit or outside looking at plane ! I read you could dismiss the positions and remap them but I can’t seem to get it ! Also as I had a homemade 737 cockpit with load of stuff ( radios ,autopilot , throttles etc ) it seems like there is only limited kit you can use ! I’ve bought the Airbus Captain pack but am reluctant to open it as if I can’t get other stuff to plug in then the mouse is not a good option for me ! Logitech have already told me their radios don’t work with this sim and I’m wondering if maybe leaving the FSX sim is a mistake! Can anyone throw me a line on what is available and how to get the hat switch to work in all positions.
Thsnks in advance

You have all the flexibility needed to tweak anything you want in the control menus. I use a small wireless numpad keyboard to switch between advanced views in the cockpit , while I use the hat switches on the yoke for the more intuitive “turning the head” views.

2 Likes

Hi @Player211660574

What sort of controller is the HAT switch on?
Coming from FSX and P3D, it seems overly complicated (I thought anyway) but once you get it the way you like it its great fun. I have several chaps in their 70’s and 80’s on our forum and once we worked out how to define the controllers all was well.

2 Likes

It’s a Logitech 3d pro , old I know , but functioned fine in all other sims! Maybe if someone could tell me how to put hat views onto the joystick ( in an idiots guide😉) then maybe I could try it , I’m worried that the same thing will happen when I open the Captain’s Airbus joystick bundle and I’ve wasted my money!
I’ve looked on line to see if anyone has a video to help with this but can’t find any ! Maybe someone has a link they could post that shows me how ?!
Thanks for the reply and hopefully will get this sorted soon

I’ve seen a flight sim keyboard (editor keyboard) and wondered whether this would help with some of the controls whilst concentrating on flying! I also have Delanclip headset to look around which I use happily on other sims but can’t seem to get this sim to find it! So obviously another thing that this sim doesn’t want!
I really want to sort this out but just seem to be getting nowhere!
Thanks for your reply though

Hi,

If you take a look at this video, you will see how to do it.

let us know how you get on. :blush:

The Airbus Captains pack is a very nice setup. In MSFS if your plans are to use it for the FBW A320 then they have their own specific setup for it on their website explaining it in detail. I have it configured in MSFS for the FBW A320 & PMDG 737’s, and in X Plane for Toliss A321 & Zibo 738 so it’s very configurable. I don’t use the side stick though. I prefer my stick from my HOTAS Warthog setup.

1 Like

Thanks for the input on the Captains Pack , I have seen a few videos on how to set up and it looks like the sim finds it easily. I’m still trying to get to grips with the hat switch issue on how to pan round the cockpit and outside without just front back left and right which seems to be the normal setup!

So have you loaded the TARGET Software and tried creating a profile for that? I see that in MSFS it does not natively give you alot of options.

A very good question! And I haven’t yet created a profile as I only put together the captains pack yesterday and have been at work since so will try to sort this out on Saturday. I’m desperately hoping that maybe the hat switch problem might be because the Logitech 3D was an old model ! But now since reading your post I’m a lot more positive that these issues with a bit of patience can be overcome. This is out of my safety net as before I had s home built cockpit with all controls built in to the cockpit frame and my views were across 6 screens snd always looking through the windows. Thanks for your advice and obviously I’ll keep this thread posted

Don’t know if this is of any use, Huddison has re-assigned his HAT switch to look all around the cockpit. 6 minute YouTube clip, 2-3 minutes in the middle is all you need:

Fantastic :+1::+1::+1::+1: thank you so much for taking the time to post this , as soon as I’m home from work I’ll be having a play around . Thanks again

Check out Huddison site, he has 22 ‘learning’ videos fro take off, to landing, to auto pilot etc etc. there are a few in there somewhere in his very well explained way of setting up the Hotas, the velocity one yoke, velocity one stick - all in a carefully explained manner….26 minutes or so each one. I refer to them quite often.

Another great tip , I’ll have a look but at the moment time is now taken up trying to find out why flightsim 40th recognises the TCA Airbus throttle quadrant but not the side stick in the Captains Pack I brought :thinking: I’m hoping it’s just a case of re installing the driver but I have found that the driver they say to use is not the driver that comes up on Thrustmasters web site for drivers for the Captains Pack ! Still I’m sure it’s someive missed ! Thanks again for the tips