HDR is non functional in [Testing both DX11 and DX12]

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Yes and no changes

Brief description of the issue:

HDR is not working anymore in DX12, setting it off or on keeps it at SDR.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Enable HDR in windows, start your sim and enable DX12 and HDR in the sim.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Using my LG OLED C2 as usual.

Are you using DX12?

Yes

Are you using DLSS?

Yes Quality Mode

Are you using the multi monitor feature?

No

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

I too can confirm HDR 10 is not being enabled, even after ensuring it’s ON in settings as well as in Windows 11 HDR settings. HDR is not working on DX12.

Just look at world map, it’s WAY too overexposed (and HDR is on in Settings).

If other users are also able to confirm if HDR is non functional in DX11 as well, I will merge this post here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/hdr-is-not-functional-in-both-dx11-dx12/528958

2 Likes

HDR is Ok on my system with DX11, just testing DX 12 now.

1 Like

Not to say I don’t believe you, but are you certain is on? Mine shows HDR as enabled in settings, but it’s clearly not – it’s very overexposed (in DX11 and in DX12).

3 Likes

Can confirm it’s not working in DX12 for me but DX11 seems OK.
I assume as a seasoned MSFS user you have you restarted the sim after changing the options?

1 Like

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

After ensuring HDR is enabled in Windows 11 settings, I restarted MSFS on DX 12 and DX 11 – both are not displaying HDR. I can tell with my monitor, as when HDR is enabled, it always shows HDR on my monitor screen for a brief moment to show it’s in HDR. This no longer happens.

Plus, I can visually tell. I am not able to get HDR to work on either DX11 or DX12 with this new Sim Update 10.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Can anyone verify they have working HDR in either DX11 or DX12?

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i9-12900k, 32gb DDR 5, 3080 Ti

Are you using DX12?

No

Are you using DLSS?

Yes, Quality

Are you using the multi monitor feature?

No

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Are you using DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

Yes.

Windows 11, RTX 3080.

1 Like

@Ohmsquare Hi Can you vote on this so @Jummivana can see it? She posed a question in a different thread about HDR as well.

Hi there, did you experience this on Dx11 or 12? Updating template to reflect this question.

Hello,

on DX 11. I am using latest NVIDIA drivers.

EDIT: Not only do colors now look like SDR, but Windows 11 now suggests using the Auto HDR feature when you launch MSFS 2020. This has never happened before and only happens with non-native HDR games.

8 Likes

Yes

HDR enabled in Windows settings, start MSFS, on in settings, but not active (Windows 10, 3080, 12700k)

Are you using DX12?

Yes (but HDR also did not work in DX11)

Are you using DLSS?

Yes

HDR10 working well in DX12. I use Windows 11 Home and G-Sync + TAA for the time being, and it´s also enabled in Windows display options, if this helps. Monitor OSD confirms it to be active. Maybe it´s just a UI issue and setting is not applied. I had it enabled already yesterday in UserCfg.opt.

I had also disabled all postprocessing yesterday to prevent overexposing even in the public build.

And I have bloom enabled too.

For what it’s worth, HDR is fine for me on the beta. DX11, DLSS, current NVIDIA drivers, RTX 2070S.

[updated] well it’s running in HDR mode, but say sun reflected in the cessna 172’s wing doesn’t show the variety of brightnesses in a capture that i expect. it’s doing some aggressive tone-mapping, then displaying it modestly brighter than SDR.

This is flattened from an HDR capture; dev mode shows it’s running HDR10 but the tones don’t seem as bright as I expect. Something’s changed.

The same image darkened prior to flattening to SDR shows that the sun reflections are no brighter than the wing etc.

3 Likes

are you using the beta? (the SU10 Beta)

Sure, beta. That´s the reason why I posted.

Cheers

1 Like

Just a quick thought, were you using the freestyle filters before (assuming you have an Nvidia card) if so they will need to be reset.

just confused me as you said you enabled it yesterday, the update dropped just 2 hours ago.
not talking about DX12 “(Beta)” btw, as that might confuse people.
as in actual beta of the new sim version of today.

2 Likes

So what is going on then. How can it work for some and not the rest?

I just enabled Dev mode and sure enough, mine shows SDR, even though HDR is enabled in MSFS and enabled in Windows 11 Display settings.

3 Likes

same here for me, shows SDR in dev tools overlay even tho it’s enabled in windows and the sim.

1 Like