Helicopter Take-off and Landings counts are not logged

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Yes

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Flying in a Helicopter (G 2 and 407) the flight time is logged, but the landings are not counted. I took off from a helipad and landed on another helipad. I did not land on a runway during the flight. Airport was LSZH Zurich.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Take off in a Helicopter on a helipad, fly over to the other side where there is another helipad and land. Do not land on a runway.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

n/a

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Also does not register a takeoff or landing if doing so from/on a runway.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

It feels to me like this bug is a continuation (variation?) of this very old bug (feature?) of the logbook:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/logbook-applying-strange-rules-for-takeoff-and-landing/328757?u=nenenui

The logbooks definition of take-offs and landings is not based on the plain “physical reality” ("ground contact = YES, xzy-speed = zero for duration T) but on meeting (a sequence of?) high level abstract objectives (did you taxi according to ATC, did you use the proper runway … whatever).

Sadly it seems like Heli support did not result in a change of the logbook concept.

1 Like

True it is variation. I wanted this problem to stand out and relate to helicopters.

In real life, a pilot can log his own logbook entries. We normally summarise it and sign it off with an Instructor when we do the license renewal.

Microsoft can easily fix this by letting us edit the fields. I know how many landings I did. So why can’t I fill it in myself? Problem solved.