Helicopters are a must

With over 64000 downloads of the Airbus H135 - MS/Asobo are behind the curve and should bring forward their helicopter platform.

4 Likes

You’re right. The developer will pre-list the helicopters if there is a lot of interest. Of the 64,000 downloads, if 1,000 people vote here in the forum for helicopters I will be satisfied. It is important that they know about us.

VR was made earlier due to high interest. In my opinion, there is a chance.

Destoyer1218016 Thank you for posting the link!

VR and helicopters were addressed at the same time (me and others talked to Asobo and Microsoft in September 2019 about both). The difference between both, on the development side is that VR should be implemented as soon as possible in the development cycle of the project.

Helicopters, on the other hand, should be added after the basic flight dynamics, weather, etc. is done so that they can build on top of it.

That’s why I keep saying more votes won’t necessarily be helpful. MSFS is just not mature enough for helicopters yet.

1 Like

Why are you talking against helicopters? You should best support the topic. You’re an interesting person … Sometimes I feel like you’re working against the advent of helicopters …

I said that the proper development of helicopters will be ongoing. Don’t think that it will be flawless at first …

That’s why the development process should start as soon as possible … A separate team should be set up to develop the helicopters.

1 Like

Are you saying that from your experience as a software developer?

I don’t understand software development … Flight Simulator is a big project, I don’t think 10 developers are working on it … More than 100 people work on Flight Simulator. A separate development team for helicopters should be created.

Of course, this is just my opinion, my vision …

I do. It’s been my job for over 25 years. And that’s why I am trying to explain why adding a new team to build something on top of quick sand may not be a good idea and a waste of resources.

Releasing a poor rendition of helicopter will get people to complain, sales to perform poorly and all this may backlash, hurting us more than helping us.

The way I see it, we have 1 good shot at this and it needs to work or we may get stuck with ■■■■■■ helicopters.

I have zero interest in having poor helicopters in the sim.

3 Likes

You’re right … It’s important that the developer makes quality helicopters. Very good, authentic, with flight dynamics …

2 Likes

Exactly. So while I also want helicopters to be in the sim as soon as possible, I am more concerned about their quality. We may not have a second chance to make this work.

Microsoft needs to do an excellent job right on the release. It won’t be perfect, and we know that. It’s software development after all (trust me, nothing ever goes the way we plan it).

But it has to be good. We should not accept anything less. But that may require us to be patient as they do their stuff.

I’m not saying we should let it be postponed forever. But we need to give them the time to do it properly. And help them, of course.

7 Likes

Dear Medevac71!

It was a very good idea to share the forum in the EC 135 development group on the download page. I want to thank you for the good idea! More and more people are registering on the forum and voting …

Imagine that more than 71,000 test helicopters are downloaded, what a big number this is … This test EC135 helicopter is still very far from the helicopter, but the interest is also very high …

https://flightsim.to/file/8970/airbus-h135-helicopter-project

Very, very many people are waiting for the helicopters in the simulator! It is very important for the developer to see the people and community interested in the large number of helicopters!

Seeing the interest, the developer can feel that it is very important to develop and prepare the appropriate physics and flight dynamics.

5 Likes

eager to test and fly many cities with some helis!

Come on microsoft make happy your clients!

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Helicopter flight is now possible with the H135

Does any body know when ASOBO will include a helicopter for the sim ? Man , I miss that Bell 206 from FSX . 14 years ago Microsoft could make helicopters for FSX . 14 years later and up till now For some reason ASOBO still don’t have any helicopter for the sim .

1 Like

Yes but that that’s Asobo wish list ,theses guys are professional coders and they have build their own chopper independent of Asobo/MS and it is very good work ,so much so that I haven’t flown fixed wing for a month now.
As i said before they are putting out updates almost HOURLY not monthly like Asobo/MS
Also dont forget Flyinside will be launching their Bell 47 for MSFS 2020 by the end of April ,if not before.

1 Like

and hard, realistic looking helipads - on buildings and wherever they appear in a scenery. AFCAD (I have no idea what they are called in this sim) should only make them work for aircraft designated as helicopters, to prevent AI planes setting up there.

yes… but what he want to say is: many many people are interessted for choopers.

And in case there are “only” 5000 for these single Heli type, the developers know that the work on it, will later on also pay’d for.

Beside of this is near 1000 votes in the forum currently number four :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah. It’s a big community and more are coming. Microsoft is aware of that as well.

1 Like

Dom Sergio! Good to see you here and hear your proactive voice.

I’m hoping clever designers, free and payware, start turning those building top helipads into hard surfaces, in fact all those helipad surfaces need tender loving care - the fire station and heliport at Van Nuys, LA Children’s Hospital, DTLA, to name my few…

I guess I’ll start by telling all the folks I buy scenery from to get on their helo horses…

Xau!

Hey, buddy!

I’m lurking around, yes. You know I’m more of a guy that works in the shadows. There are some interesting things moving in the background. We should have some news soon.

Fortunately, we already have hardened/collidable buildings and trees, which makes everything a lot more interesting. We do need helipads to be proper helipads.

But that’s something Microsoft wants to do it from the get-go. Part of bringing helicopters to the sim includes adding all helipads in the world.

6 Likes

Music to my ears, Sir!

1 Like