Helicopters are a must

It’s a prioriry since the begining, it’s just it’s more complex to do …

3 Likes

This needs to move up the wishlist again. This was higher then VR at one time. I don’t buy the excuse that helicopters are hard to do. They should have been in from the beginning. It’s extremely disappointing as I like to fly helicopters more than fixed wing.

6 Likes

That’s a very true statement. And in MSFS are many heliports visible , so let’s hope that the designers make it possible to view the beautifull landscape in MSFS with a helicopter, Joop

5 Likes

Hi all,
I also miss helicopters a lot!

My Suggestion list:

Robinson R44 (super common in flying schools and small airports)
Airbus H125 (AS350 rebranded: a legend)
Bell 407 (successor of the 206 long ranger: a legend too)

3 Likes

Hi,
I just flew in FSX with the Dodosim 206 and i had an idea. :smile:
How about if the developers only bring one helicopter (without helipads) to start with and offer it to everyone for free. So everyone could convince themselves whether the flight model is good enough to buy later the large helicopter add-on or not.
I think the helicopter fans would be happy if there would be a heli in FS 2020 as soon as possible. In addition, the developers could incorporate the feedback from fans into the add-on.
What do you think about the idea?

2 Likes

Please add helicopters immediately. Please divert development time away from anything and everything else to make it happen, if necessary. There is no chance I’ll actually buy the product (upgrading from the Xbox live version) until this happens.

2 Likes

It takes some time. I think VR in more important, then helicopters.

I think I will not buy helicopter DLC. Instead I will buy third party helicopter. Do anyone know if there will be helicopter closed beta like with VR?

Feedback snapshot 11.05.2020 says that helicopters are in backlog (not started).

It would be nice if MS and Asobo can add the AW101 as well. The EH101 in FSX was done half, and would be a nice challenge to get it working 100% in MSFS.

A few years ago, I conducted a dynamic demonstration flight with a Bell 206 JetRanger helicopter. I love this helicopter, it has a fantastic voice. Watch the video and listen to his voice.

I’m really looking forward to the developer starting to prepare the helicopters for the simulator. I am confident that there will be closed beta testing.

1 Like

What has baffled me from the get-go with MSFS2020, is how there wasn’t at least some form of heli included in the initial package. Surely MS would not have to start from the ground up, I mean there was at least some form of heli code from FSX they could have ported over, right? I will admit that heli flight physics in FSX were pretty abysmal, but as other aviators have posted above and throughout these forums, later add-ons like Dodosim for the Bell206 made sim heli flying a real joy again. At worst, we’d have been stuck with a half-baked heli port from FSX, but it’s still something. I’d take a shoddy heli model for a time, over no model at all, while we all test the kinks out FOR MS/Asobo.

I’ve seen arguments, “Let MS take their time and work on a sound heli flight model.” Really, why? Today, we’re just shy of 4 months since public release, and almost every fixed-wing plane still has some form of flight profile issue(s) that is/are still being worked. The continual updates strive to make each iteration better, our feedback maybe even more so, but the point is, they are still all far from perfect. Why treat helis and differently? Give us a model to start helping you with, Asobo! I’ve yet to see any heli add-ons achieve close to what Dodosim did with the Bell206 (and the UH-1 Huey, but I have no direct exp with that model). When I was in beta and alpha testing for MSFS2020, I sounded off on my admiration for how a small outfit like Dodosim could achieve such accurate heli flight models. I know MS/Asobo have many more resources (monetarily, as well) than the Dodosim team, so it’s not a matter of IF. I know they can, and have much faith.

Polish is nice and appreciated, but for MSFS202, helis never had the luxury of being alpha or beta tested early on in the game’s development. That means any helis they release now will either need to be released in current software version form, so we can live test, or start a whole new side-loaded alpha/beta version for heli flying. Either way, get a heli released so that can begin happening! If, after all extensive testing, a heli/helis are released into the current game software, and 4 months down the line there are still flight dynamic issues, so what? That’s no different than where we are today with the fixed-wing models (and I’m not complaining, that is par for the course in sims, I get it, not a noob to the sim world :slight_smile:).

Much love as always for Asobo and MS, I know the heli simmers and IRL pilots like me, appreciate all you’re doing! We just know that adding helis is going to open this game up so much more than it already is, just give us something to work with, please!

4 Likes

Right now a jewel to inaugurate all the technology of the new MSFS is necessary. Here’s the American Bell 525 Relentless for me. Who knows if someone will one day make it happen?

3 Likes

Another high-tech jewel is the Kopter SH09, originally produced in Switzerland by the Kopter group, its project was later sold to Italians Leonardo. I really like the feature that is one of the few helicopters also dedicated to the rescue of people that maintains a slender and elegant look. For me it’s perfect for MSFS.

2 Likes

and a huey UH-1

3 Likes

Guys, take a look at the maneuvers of the amazing Hughes 500 D helicopter. I love this helicopter … I hope the classic Hughes 500D and Bell 206 JetRanger will be for the simulator. I want to fly a low altitude helicopter into the simulator.

2 Likes

They are working on choppers , but we have to be patient,i’m Guessing it will probably be an R22 or bell 407 first up.

Have you started the work, the preparation of the helicopters? Do you have any information?

In my opinion, the classic Bell 206 JetRanger or Robinson R 22 helicopter would be the most important. Robinson 22 helicopters are good for training, the Bell 206 helicopter is a gas turbine, more serious type.

1 Like

@coxo2436 I would hope so, but in the list with the top wishes from the development update, under the point „helicopters are a must“, is still mentioned „not started“.

1 Like

@RotaryWings6687 Yes agree, it is very modern and will have exceptional hot and high performance. I think this chopper could open a new era of high altitude mountain rescues like in the himalayas.
It should outperform all the other helicopters in its class.
At first the Kopter / Leonardo team has to fly and test the final flight envelope. Then the data are known for enthusiastic sim developers.

Guys, I like classic helicopters. I love classic, traditional instruments. I don’t like designed helicopters nowadays, all of them have digital instruments, ugly format design.

Of course, everyone likes something else, this is normal. I will stay with my favorites, the largest and most widely used helicopters in the world:

Hughes / McDonnell Douglas H/MD 500 C/E/D

440_2437

120-19-1326

Bell 206 JetRanger

bell-206-jetranger-can

BELL-206-JET-RANGER-GLOBAL-HELICOPTER-AIRCRAFT-FOR-SALE-VENDA-COCKPIT

Aerospatiale / Eurocopter AS 350B1/B2/B3

cockpit_front_panel

Robinson R 44

helikopter-robinson_r44_haftx_helikopter_dravautca_3016

95046_1514600454

Aerospatiale SA 341 Gazelle