Helipads AND heliports won't allow a helicopter to start Cold & Dark

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the User Support Hub.

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Helipads at airports AND heliports will not allow helicopters to start Cold & Dark. When placed on a normal apron spot, the helicopter is C&D when you load into the cockpit. In a Helipad, the helicopter is always already running. I checked with World Hub Scenery authors and there’s no setting to define what the aircraft state is when they place a helipad in an airport.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

KUUU - the Cabri is on the sole helipad and is already running when you load into the cockpit

KUUU - the Cabri is at Parking Spot 1, and the sim honors Cold & Dark state.

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

Test case was KUUU, but this is true of any airport that has helipads. Heliports, of which there are approximately ten (?) in the sim, also allow Cold & Dark.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Load the Asobo Cabri into any airport (not heliport) with a helipad. Place it on the helipad. You will enter the cockpit from Fly Now and the aircraft will already be powered up and running.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU15 Build 19

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

Test case was TNCS, which has one Helipad and two ramp parking spots
If the Helipad is chosen as the departure location, the Guimbal Cabri G2 was running.
If Ramp 1 is chosen as the departure location, the Guimbal Cabri G2 is cold & dark.

N/A

Yes

Have experienced this exact issue as described.

Yes

I also asked the world hub alpha folks if this was a possibility. Mainly in adding the Nice France, parking and helipads that are there in the sim, but not available to select. The members on alpha also stated that ‘Star’ or Asobo handcrafted/bespoke airports cannot be edited. I guess that was missed on the recent Nice/Monaco update too…again. See post attached.

Zendesk Ticket # 217122

Also acknowledged by Seb as a bug during the FSExpo 24 Helisimmer interview:

1 Like

As a fyi, as a workaround to this bug, when creating my helipad sceneries, I place a parking spot directly on the helipad. This then allows the user the option of selecting either the helipad for a quick start or the parking spot for c&d.

If you’re building freeware scenery to be loaded in Community folder, that will work. World Gateway Hub review will reject that approach.

1 Like

Thats greatly appreciated and all but nobody should have to build scenery just to get an aircraft to startup cold and dark.