Help! System does not meet minimum requirements message

Hi All,

I’ve been running MSFS2020 without any issue at all. I’ve suddently started receiving a message that says that my machine doesn’t meet the minimum requirements.

The specs of my machine are here:
https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/gaming-and-games/new-dell-g5-15/spd/g-series-15-5500-laptop/cng5014

Has anybody else encountered this issue?

Thanks
Tim

1 Like

welcome to the forums Timwintle1979!
your specs seems to be enough for MFS2020 and as long as you can play the game isn’t it problem after all ?

I’d kind of agree with that but for the fact that

1. This message hasn’t always come up and
  2. The application seems to have slowed up somewhat :disappointed:

does the performance decrease happen immediately or after some time

I wonder if it’s detecting the onboard GPU instead of the GTX? Is MSFS app setup to use the GTX?

Go to: Start, Settings, Gaming, XBOX Game Bar, then click on the Graphics Setting (upper right), then add MSFS to the GTX as High Performance.

Thanks for this. It looks like this is set to off is that right??

I think something with the install has gone kapput. Doesn’t look like we have a “repair” function that’s usable so night night everybody…(1mb of 120GB downloading)

be carefull if activate this ! I cause sometime lots of trouble !

This is the new GPU Scheduling ( new DirectX12 ultimate feature ) and should have nothing to do with your issue.

Possible you have a driver issue… or… hmmm… which Windows 10 version you have installed ?

( click on Windows-Symbol and simple enter the word winver )

another question:
You can still play the game, you got only the message , or ?

and Internet speed might be also for interests…

Thanks folks! Did a full install overnight and issues have gone away. When I close MSFS I always do it with Alt + F4. I’m wondering whether I boogered the files up by force closing the app? Weird to get this error though, I could previously run on ultra settings without issue then this issue came along, the game would load to menu but wouldn’t launch

That pesky Alt-F4!
And I agree with what @MichaMMA posted, don’t turn on that hardware accelerated GPU switch.

What I was talking about above is Windows 10 app “High Performance”. I think it will only work if you bought from MS Store (maybe Steam). It has to be a “universal app” or “app” for Windows 10.

To do this for MSFS:
Start, Settings, Gaming, Game Mode (turn on)

Now select “Game Bar” (while still on that page). On the far top right there is “Related settings” (in text). Under that is “Graphic settings”, click on that.

From the drop down list, select “Universal app”

Then second drop down, select Microsoft Flight Simulator, the click on the Add button.

Restart your PC. (probably don’t have to, but for good measure)

realy an interessting effect of Alt+F4… if it was the final reason, then MSFS developers can check about an “clean up” while start phase…

Another point which I had in mind: sometimes laptops have such kind of combi-graphiccards-mode and sometimes it is necessary to set the correct one which should be used.

Yes, most do in the BIOS. Some BIOS will default to the onboard one if using battery. Plugged in will use the big GPU (but can override that - but then watch your battery drain quickly!).

Thankyou all for your help, much appreciated!

2 Likes

Hello,

since yesterday I get a warning when simulator start:
“Your pc does not meet the minimum requirements. This can lead to errors in the game”

My PC is equipped with:

Windows 10 64Bit
CPU: i7 6700k
GPU: MSI GTX 980Ti
VRAM: 6GB
RAM: 48GB
SSD: 500GB
Bandwidth: 70 Mbps
So it meets the recommended system requirements.

Why does a warning appear?
How can you solve the problem?

have you done also what Timwintle1979 mentioned: Alt+F4 ?

I tried it, but it doesn’t help

:slight_smile:

he find out, that the issues comes possible because he leave MSFS with ALT-F4…

I’am not sure whether complet re-install is necessary or checking some temp files which should be deleted manual is enought…

Hi @Alex19687149,
What version/build is your Windows 10?

Is the MSI GTX 980Ti overclocked? Some of these came factory overclocked.
Your SSD, how much free space is there? Is there at least 150GB?

re- install didn’t bring anything, there is always a warning