Here Is My 15-Leg Bush Trip Through Central Idaho

This is awesome! I am looking forward to try it out. I really like that you have set up the flight plan on the web page. I think I might try to do the trip without downloading anything to FS - just going by the plan manually and do it true to VFR.

2 Likes

Thanks man. Yeah, I wanted to make it so people could just use the VFR instructions and not have to download a file, so I am glad you will be doing it like that. Please let me know how the progress is going and post screenshots in here!

I just flew the first leg. I can tell Iā€™m going to like this one.
What is cool is that if you load the flight plan, it also loads it into the GNS if you have a Garmin-equipped plane. So I can use that if I want (like in the analog 172 or the CAP 10, for example) instead of the map which shows your planeā€™s location all the time. (Is there a way to turn off the plane icon in the VFR map by the way?)
I like the route showing on the in-game map, but donā€™t want to ā€˜cheatā€™ by knowing where my plane is. Like how they do it in the built-in bush trips.
BTW, I do like the modded DR400. It does have a CDI and not GPS, which is the kind of navigation that I like. Though it doesnā€™t seem that there are a lot of VORs in this part of Idaho. Iā€™ll have to read the POH to see if that plane is recommended for dirt/grass strips, lol

1 Like

Thatā€™s so awesome to hear! The first leg, in my opinion, is by far the least entertaining and least visually stunning, so if you like that one, something tells me you will like the rest! I havenā€™t tried the modded DR400 yet. Been doing all my bush trips in the XCub, as I know everyone will have access to that plane if they choose to follow my instructions to a T. I look forward to more of your feedback as you progress!

1 Like

Great work, thanks for sharing your experience. Itā€™s fantastic to see posts about people enjoying the sim.

1 Like

Thanks so much! Let me know if you take this bush trip for a test drive!

1 Like

Ok - this is what I will do. I can create the flight plans on SkyVector based on your instructions, then I can alt-tab to that map during the flight. Example:

1 Like

Yup! That would work great! I use Sky Demon to create my plans and then track them live time. I love being able to do that when I am putting these together.

Donated!
This is exactly the kind of content I hope for in this sim.

Stunning screenshots and great work! I love it!

1 Like

Ah thank you so much! Glad you are liking it. I have many more coming! Be on the lookout in a couple of days :slight_smile: You can sign up for the newsletter on the site and I will send an email when itā€™s available. Thanks again!

1 Like

Thank you! Please keep me updated on your progress and feedback :slight_smile:

Just finished the second trip. The part where you have to climb that high ridge, then on the other side you get to descend right towards Horseshoe Bend - that was great!
I did make a wrong turn and followed a wrong tributary in Garden Valley, but just backtracked and was able to find the airstrip along the correct branch of the river.
Looking forward to the rest of this! I live near the less [geographically] interesting Washington DC, and wouldnā€™t have thought to explore this area otherwise.

1 Like

Ah thatā€™s awesome! Yeah, you have some more beautiful Idaho landscapes in your future! I am also putting the finishing touches on my next one :slight_smile:

1 Like

These are much better than the stock trips!! More landscape and more fun!

1 Like

Thanks man! Keep me updated on your progress! I love following along :slight_smile: I might even join you for a leg!

Circling over Deadwood Reservoir in order to gain altitude to get over the peaks on the way to Cascade.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a beautiful leg! How was your landing at Deadwood?

I was concerned during the approach but I ended up doing very well. Itā€™s just a matter of good speed management just over the treetops. The takeoff was harder in this DR400 though. It doesnā€™t do STOL nearly as well as the cub-likes, and I just avoided brushing the branches on the way out!

1 Like

Haha yeah, thatā€™s an interesting takeoff as well! You have some real fun landings and legs coming up! Keep the progress and screenshots coming! So stoked you are enjoying it!

1 Like