HF8 haptic Feedback Pad XBOX

Hey guys,

I’m interested in buying the HF8 for Xbox to get an even better immersion.
But I know that you can’t controll the settings as good as on PC.

Does it still make sens and, of course, does it even work well on Xbox?

Thanks and best regards

There is a thread for this already. Suggest you read there as there are Xbox and PC users describing their experience:

1 Like

I was very unimpressed with this on Xbox.

1 Like

can you tell me why?

Too many cables cluttering up my desk/chair area, for starters. Getting it to work with the 3.5mm cable was a hassle, as I use computer speakers running out of my monitor for audio out, as well as a wireless headset with a USB dongle. The whole thing confused the heck out of my Xbox in terms of how to pull audio into the HF8. It meant I had to lose my computer speakers, or my wireless headset - it wouldn’t do all three.

And even after making that compromise, you’re working with a chair that only reacts to the general audio of what’s happening in your game. If there was any haptic difference between gear up/down, or flaps up/down, I couldn’t feel it at all.

If I’m missing something, let me know, but it was basically a moderately uncomfortable constant massage chair. It did nothing to help immersion, it was messy, and not configurable at all in any kind of modular way.

If Next Level released an Xbox app similar to their PC app to allow for native MSFS integration/configuration, and gave special allowance to different components of the aircraft or phases of flight, I would be willing to try this again. I’d still be unhappy with the cable management piece of it, but I don’t really know how you’d solve for that anyway.

1 Like

Said to hear that.
But thanks for your reply.

Mine arrived today, initially I plugged the audio cable into the V1 yoke and was somewhat underwhelmed. However, I then tried plugging it into the TV headphone socket, and after a little bit of tweaking with the TV’s audio settings (bass boost, equaliser etc) I’m totally blown away - it really does make a difference to the flights now!

1 Like

Thanks, gonna try that if it doesnt work correctly!

Hey! Reach out to hfs.support@nextlevelracing.com that bumps you to the top of the HF8 Support!

I bought a HF8 Seat, 3 weeks ago, for my MSFS Sim.
It does not work and NextLevelRacing is totally unable to help.
I have downloaded the software, when I press on the green button it works but never with the sim
It seems that is a worldwid main problem and in my cas without solution, I will try to resale this seat or put it in the trash.
At the moment I think I have lost $300.–