Next level racing HF8

I have bought a Next level racing HF8 pad but I can’t get it to work. I am aware that it is a new product but if anyone can help me I would be grateful.

1 Like

This looks pretty interesting!

I see they say it supports MSFS seamlessly on PC. I assume you are PC, not Xbox?

It needs their software to run, so have you looked in there, maybe there is a setting you need to apply to allow it to talk to MSFS first?

There isn’t any specific help page for this product on their site which is a bit annoying!

Let us know how it goes. If you get it working I’d be very interested to know how it feels in action!

There is a setup video for XBox, just in case:

2 Likes

Yes, I am using the pad with PC, I have the software installed and tested each haptic pad.

I have managed to get it working in X-Plane without an issue after reading the document.

I will continue to resolve the issue and post back my findings.

Thanks for getting back to me.

1 Like

Good news, I’ve got it working, it appears you have to login to the software each time you start it up to allow the feedback to work, which is a bit of a pain.
The feedback through the pad is excellent once you configure it your liking, the thing I like most is when the engine revs higher the feeling is great fun and ads another dimension to the flight.

1 Like

Nice!!! Thanks for letting us know. Might have to treat myself to that!

What other effects does it simulate? Anything dynamic like touchdown, turbulence, undercarriage going up, hard banking etc — or is it simply linked to the audio (bass?) / volume?

I ordered one yesterday(delivery this coming Friday), but being an Xbox user I’m holding my breath. I feel until they release us console users an app to fully utilize the functionality it’ll just be a fancy massage chair pad. I hope it does add some immersion but I foresee it being returned.

I haven’t seen anyone test it on a console yet, anyone console users pick one up yet?

It seems to simulate, ground rumble, changes in engine revs, flaps dragging and gear noise. I haven’t felt ant turbulence effect. I am still messing with the difference settings at the moment.

The software is very fickle, sometimes I cannot get it to work in MSFS even though I’ve logged in.

I am hoping to liaise with NLR to get better stability.

1 Like

I think that you will only get an overall vibration through the pad if you are using the 3.5 jack but you can feel different effects from engine and gear etc but I think it won’t be the full experience as it would using the software and individual sliders.

Most of the reviews I’ve found online have been using it with racing games, but I did find this one that focuses more on Flight Sim. Sounds really good to me!! Looks like my wallet is gonna take another hit pretty soon :slight_smile:

Another more in depth review here - not so much c about MSFS but he has some good info:

Looks like they are not readily available in UK though. Amazon price is inflated quite a lot and everywhere I’ve found that had them at MRRP is out of stock :slight_smile:

Haven’t got mine to work yet for MSFS. Test buttons work, it recognizes iRacing but just doesn’t see MSFS. I have put out an email to support Friday 13th no response yet. Will keep updated.

I have managed to get it working once or twice however NLR support have got back to me stated there will be a software update in a few days.

Try logging into the software each time you restart the pc.

This is a device that is not compatible with MSFS 2020 because of the feedback that is irrelevant to the feedback you would want to get on an airplane.

Exactly my thoughts. Have been thinking about using the optical audio out into a receiver but even then that would just be a simulated split of the audio signals(compared to what the PC software does). Fingers crossed we will get an App on the Xbox to mess with the motors.

I hope Xbox users get the software as this does make a big difference it gives individual outputs to different parts of the pad, instead of using one source audio out, (which I have had to use) until the PC software issue is resolved.

What makes you say that? Have you tried it?

1 Like

I’m keeping an open mind until I receive mine or someone posts a console review. I’ll at least get one back massage out of it

It may depend on how you have MSFS installed, either through Steam or the Microsoft store.

Basically, once you click on the game in the HFS Software, it opens a specific plugin in the background to grab the telemetry from MSFS. If you have MSFS installed via the Microsoft store, open MSFS through the Xbox app (I know, it’s annoying) and then once you are in a flight, open the HFS software from scratch (make sure you exit first in the icon tray) and then select the MSFS game. You should now have feedback. I’m aware the Dev team is working on a stability fix for this. :slight_smile:

Oh well done Sir, that workaround has worked.
Now I can get all the effects of the pad.
I’ve done a bit of tweaking to get the different pads vibrating independently e.g.
I have the landing gear working through the bottom pads and flaps working through the back and engines through all eight. It would be interesting how others have there’s setup.
Thanks again OfficerGooby :+1:

Does anyone have good settings yet? I can tweak but im sure theres going to be someone out there who can do it better than i could. :stuck_out_tongue: