Next level racing HF8

Hi again. Random question. Does this plug into the mains as well as USB?

I’ve found some available on eBay but from USA. Phoned a couple of resellers in UK and they are not aware of the product yet.

Excited to hear your thoughts on this, when it arrives. Got one eye on this for my Xbox as well - leaning towards no, but curious as to your impressions. please let us know! :slight_smile:

On track for delivery tomorrow, will post here with my initial thoughts. Might also make a YouTube review since no one has touched on the console experience yet.

2 Likes

Comes with all the typical power plug options US included :blush::+1:

Thanks for the reply! So I think if I bought one from US, it won’t come with a UK 3-pin. I’ll just try to be patient and wait for local stock to arrive, lol

Was kind of hoping it was powered by USB but I suppose it needs too much oomph.

I think it comes with all world plug adapters, I remember one review show casing switch from Eu to Us plug heads.

1 Like

I’ve done lots of testing …. Errrr playing around … with the HF8. With racing games such as AMS2 and F1 22 using Simhub it is absolutely fantastic for the money. But anything relying on NLRs app currently is mmmehhhh !! And that of course includes MSFS because there is no direct support using Simhub. Next level seem to be very well aware of the deficiencies with their app … I mean even graphically it’s distorted in windows mode if you are high resolution. But they do seem intent on improving so for now unless you’re a sim racer as well as pilot I would not spend your hard earned cash.

3 Likes

You mean the sensations the app generates are a bit, how do you say, not correct for the action?

The sensation is ok … but I was hoping for instance when you drop and raise gear it would clunk but it just buzzes and keeps buzzing whilst gear down … same for flaps …. Engine buzzes more when more revs like you’d expect but after 20 mins flying you’ll want to turn it off ! Ground noise is good and I ended up just having that on so can feel the landing but that’s about it so nothing to get too excited about. In a sim race though it’s totally better because of Simhub … when you change gear it kicks you in the back and road undulations, kerbs, even slipping and wheel locking are all there. So when I got back in the plane I was … like …… meeeehhhh ! :crazy_face:

1 Like

I have noticed NLR are providing (Beta) updates to the software now, I have put in requests for things live thuds when you land especially for airliners and they said it would be passed on to the dev team.
I feel the rotors spinning in helicopters which is a great feeling.
I think the software will get better in time, I’m sure they will take onboard people’s requests.

The NLR is at an early stage but I am enjoying the extra immersion feeling at the moment as I cannot afford a motion platform until I retire😉

Thanks for the description. That makes sense. And yeah, I think I’ll skip it for now and hope they add more refined effects. I hope you’ll remember to come back here and post if there are any big improvements please? (as I think we are after the same thing here!).

I did used to do sim racing for an online league team but no longer do that. Sounds really great for that though and I’d have definitely picked one up, but the basic constant vibration in FS doesn’t sound good enough.

Is there an option to use other bass shaker software or are you confined to using the software supplied?

I only ask because I am currently using Andre’s Simshaker software and also have Sim Racing Studio software.

Quick Xbox first impressions. It showed up mid flight from KDEN to KTEX. Hooked it up and wow, you feel it. Yes it is a generalized feedback but it provides some decent immersion. Driving to work all I could think about was the feeling at gear touchdown and reversers going full…. WOW! Looking forward to getting off work and playing around more.

The level of feedback range is great, I turned it down low and think it’ll suit cruise very well. Had it on full for landing and yeah… my back feels great from my quick massage session.

I also did a quick test in Horizon 5 and didn’t really feel much. F1 will be tested tonight.

Also for fun I loaded up a landing video into KDCA on YouTube and was just like being in the sim as far as feedback goes.

Edit
So after a couple hours with it I’m impressed. Yes it really needs the app released for us console users but just overall it’s a nice touch of immersion. Descent and landing are just wow, hearing and feeling the drag of the flaps. The drop of the gear, the touchdown of the main gear…. I cannot get over it.

Tried some other games, Horizon 5, F1 22, Wildlands, Train Sim World 3. FH5 is a constant massage fest as long as you’re in a V8. F1 you only feel it over curbs and at higher speeds. Wildlands is great because you feel every shot you pop off. TSW3 is another constant massage fest due to the bass of the loco engines.

For me it really stands out on flight sim. More impressions later as well as some specific thoughts on different aircraft later tonight. Helicopters I think will be a good experience.

Is it a n expensive gimmick for us console users, right now yes it is. But I’d say get it if you have the means, it’ll add just that much more to your flight.

3 Likes

Yes, it works with the (free) SimShaker for Aviators software.

3 Likes

As mentioned by another comment Simshaker for Aviators does work also and gives much more scope for gear and flap movements, thud on landing and generally more tweak options including even turbulence! I tried it today and it’s so much better than NRLs app which for the life of me I don’t understand is so bad. Anyways, this makes it worth considering for flight simmers and I’m thinking eventually NRL will catchup but for sure racing games with Simhub is still making this a totally worthwhile purchase for me whereas if I was only flight simming I’d not be in a rush.

1 Like

OK that’s interesting. So you mean this free software:

PLUS the NLR seat works better (and without installing the NLR software)?

I see he does his own seat too, but it’s a bit more expensive and looks a bit “cheap” - and to buy, it says “contact me” lol :smiley:

Yup … actually the NRL HF8 is the Realteus Forcefeel rebranded / redesigned so that’s why it works.

1 Like

I think it’s only free if you use the jet pad.

I use my own bass shakers/amps and use this but to get it working I had to buy the sound module from Andre (paid in rubles but it was about £16 at the time)

1 Like

I have downloaded the Simshaker for aviator but cannot get it to work with MSFS, do you need any additional software for it to run or would I need to remove the NLR.
However the Simshaker does work ok with xplane 12.

You need the payware sound module as mentioned by me in the post just above yours :slightly_smiling_face: