Hide cockpit panel and/or aircraft

We really need this. Any chance it can be included in SU13?

1 Like

It would be great to have this functionallity like the one we had in fsx when pushing W
We dont want to delete the panel, just to hide

Miguel

2 Likes

I realize this may not be exactly the answer folks are looking for, but I found a workaround that works for me - that is some instruments can be “popped out” as separate windows and moved to separate monitors.

I found a utility that allows me to create additional screens on things like an Android tablet, and I can move a detached instrument to it, it expands to full screen and is much easier to see.

It might not be perfect, but it helps since I can adjust the cockpit view to improve visibility and have the major instruments on separate screens.

Late reply here, but as others have said home cockpit builders and professional sim installations have a physical cockpit, the only thing that needs to be rendered on the screen is scenery - no model of any kind. One workaround is to use an external camera facing forward, but that is more of a hack and doesn’t work very well.

1 Like

You can do that now by moving the camera position if that’s what you want. You will however lose windshield effects. Personally I’m waiting on the same sort of thing but with windshield effects maintained.

1 Like

It’s baffling they haven’t done this yet. At least just an option to hide the simobject model on the main screen. It should help performance a lot not having to render the panel and animations too.

apologies guys, the world is a very different space for me since I last posted.

You can disable the entire cockpit model in the model.cfg file. Just comment it out with ;

Go into your \SimObjects\Airplanes\aircraft name\model and edit model.cfg

Comment out the line that says something about interior.

For example:
[models]
normal=208B_GRAND_CARAVAN_EX.xml
interior=208B_GRAND_CARAVAN_EX_INTERIOR.xml

Change to
[models]
normal=208B_GRAND_CARAVAN_EX.xml
;interior=208B_GRAND_CARAVAN_EX_INTERIOR.xml

That will however, hide all the aircraft internals, including all the seats etc. and it will affect them being visible from the out side too.

2 Likes

Perhaps you could edit the XML file and REM individual cockpit items?
I haven’t looked at this - just thinking out loud.

1 Like

The cockpit is a model, with animated parts, just like the exterior. Commenting out stuff there will just disable the animation, but it will still be there.

1 Like

Scroll down or up panel view for home panel Cessna 128 Rg ( Carenado )

As far as I’ve gotten,
I’ve been able to remove
the panel on the Cessna 128 Rg (Carenado)
special configuration to use my home cockpit.

CAMERA.CFG

[CAMERADEFINITION.0]
InitialXyz = 0.2, -0.0, 0.83
InitialPbh = 0.0, 90, -6.07598
--------------
…You just have to modify these numbers //
(This is where you have to look at the numbers
-6.07598 -6 equals Lower Panel.
-3 Example eUpload panel )

Make it just like FSX, or as an option setting. The current view of the plane obscures the scenery, which is one of the delights of FS20.

Has been asked since launch. Don’t see it happening to be honest

For home cockpit builders would be nice to have the features of the FSX when you could only run the outside views on the monitors if you have a home cockpit. This could be the ultimate view. You can still have windshield effects etc
IMG_6574
IMG_6565