Hide cockpit panel and/or aircraft

So, In a years time, you will be able to “MSFS” on XBOX – more than that, that is not just more Eye Candy, will be “GRAVY”. — based on the progress over the past 6 months, do not hold your breath.

1 Like

Hello,

I want to hide panel, what is the good way to do it?

THANKS!

1 Like

Use the arrows on your keyboard to move the camera up/down, and use the arrows with the alt to move camera forwards/backwards

1 Like

Thats no solution because it will give you outside sound. Very unrealisic. Also on landing the perspective will be just wrong.

2 Likes

Generally -and I say it from experience since I did it with X-Plane- the wings are part of the side view that is in the monitors, unless you have made a cockpit with physical wings and you have long-throw projectors and a great screen to the sides, the best option are two monitors “glued” as windows that maintain the side view as it is seen in the plane.
Uncoupling the front panel allows to give more realism whether using a screen or two in front, large or small, placed as if they were the Plexiglas windshield … the idea that this screen is not “contaminated” with instruments and we do not have to move zooming forward like sticking your head through the glass because that is not realistic, it changes the angle of view, the perspective and the sensations regarding landing or take-off that are completely ruined.
There are things that creators should have considered when making FS2020, such as undocking views that was used a lot in FSX. On the other hand, since then until now, we simmers have done many new things using Arduino or homemade boards to simulate the instruments, keys, etc. It was only enough that if they weren’t sure they took a look at X-Plane that it is perfect in that … and incidentally, they could also have learned from the VFR map OF Xplane that is full of exceptional information and options and does not seem drawn by a 4 year old boy like FS.
One complains because it is not an economical soft, and although I understand that they put good will to solve problems, there are things that should have been done on paper before leaving like a headless chicken to sell quickly as it was done. Okay, MS knows how to create HYPE every time he releases something but this time he has taken us all for fools. I insist, we continue and we will continue in a Beta program, to which things are being fixed as we scream of indignation and despair from the users.
In something paid and with such a large community, it DOES NOT REACH with good intentions only.

1 Like

You would never get this from Asobo, but maybe the 3rd party guys (Carenado, JustFlight, Aerosoft…) would include a livery with a “ghost” cockpit view for us cockpit builders. Could work.

1 Like

Can you not just remove (rename) the Internal view Model ?

1 Like
  1. FSX/P3D used to have a very important feature in which one can easily hide an airplane so that you can enjoy the beautiful scenery and have a better view of area you’re flying in by pressing “W” key. This was also very useful from a scenery designing perspective. Now you cannot hide the airplane in REGULAR or SLEW mode by switching to any of the views. Most of the users have single monitor setup and with this feature it was so easy to look outside (full screen view and no cockpit) with press of a button and switch back to cockpit mode whenever you want.

2. Zoom level cannot be adjusted in SLEW Mode at all. On ultra wide monitors, sides are stretched because the nature of camera used is Fish eye view. If you see an object/scenery right in front of you, it seems like its 5 miles far but if you turn your airplane’s heading 90 degree towards right and the same object is at your left window it seems its at half a mile and so near ! In FSX/P3D we were able to do this easily.

Please give us these features back as they are very important & helpful for lot of home cockpit users, other users and scenery developers. Thank you

4 Likes

So while flying the C208, i zoomed forward using the alt-up arrow. i saved it to a keyboard preset. 0k, maybe my point of view is slightly ahead of the plane, but I don’t think that should matter. I’m not sure if all planes let you do this, but it also works on the Arrow III. This only zoomed the POV, not the scenery.
This gave me a full screen view…seems a simple enough work around. I forget if I made a keyboard entry to zoom this way…easy enough to do if necessary.

1 Like

I would like to point to my earlier post

1 Like

Thanks. Yet it does not help in my case because I need to see the cockpit at start in order to pop out PFD and MFD. I am still forced to have my seat positioned 9 ft above the ground. Hope this will get fixed soon

1 Like

I understand this problem, but i think in combination used with some external programs like i use
Freefd, gaugebook and fsuipc7 with wideserver/cliënt on a second older pc, these might be workarounds but for now it works.

I find pop out Windows to heavy on framerates, specially if port them over to secondary screen.

Happy flying

1 Like

Can I have a outside view that is like looking through the windshield without seeing anything else? If I build a cockpit I have no need for two sets of instruments.

Is it something like this you want to obtain ?

Can we have a way to remove the instruments panel (dashboard) like in the old sim (key W).

With multi-monitor support coming, it will be great for people with virtual cockpit at home to remove the instruments and switches, replaced by real switches or gauges.

3 Likes

Trying this… I haven’t tried it myself because I’ve just found it and I’m working… Looks like it will do the job
Change to Frontview without Cockpit visible / Flight Simulator 2020 / Homecockpit - YouTube

2 Likes

I have read that with Sim Update 10, for Premium & Deluxe aircraft, the config files (.cfg) will no longer be encrypted and developers will finally be able to make significant modifications to these aircraft. I would imagine that we would be able to hide the cockpit through editing the config file of aircraft of our home cockpit.

Anyone know if this would be the case?

2 Likes

Even if the cfg can be modified it will not help cockpit builders. At the moment, avionics like G1000, GNS etc. need to be seen at least once in order to pop them out to seperate screens.
What we need is a window system like P3D has. Then everyone can automatically call the desired window to his preferred screen without having to mess around with third party software or mod cfg files

2 Likes

Are we ever going to be able to remove the cockpit and just have a forward, no structure view for those with home cockpits?

1 Like

I suspect you’d need to contact a developer to get them to modify your aircraft for you.