High End PC Low End FPS

So my PC spec.

CPU 9900K OC@4.9 gig
32Gig Ram
RTX 3080 (oc edition of the Asus tuf )
Running a 3440x1440 monitor

I have everything on ultra and to the max but even so, this FPS is ■■■■. Also even is i drop everything to low end settings i only gain 8FPS . Even if i fly offline with no ai traffic it makes no difference whatsoever?? Anyone have any ideas how to solve this issue?

2 Likes

I assume you’re at a handcrafted airport that is poorly optimized is the main reason why your fps is so low

2 Likes

The resolution may have something to do with it as well. Drop down to 2560x1440 (WQHD), some of the in-depth hardware analysis since Launch Day seem to point to this as the sweet spot if you have the hardware (which you seem to have).

Well technically the guy is running a 3080.He mentioned dropping his settings down didn’t fix fully the issue so I don’t see why a 3080 should be having issues on 1440p Ultra wide. Those airports are filling up the main thread causing poor performance. Instead the dev mode is giving out inaccurate information.

I would mean he has a type error: he meant the nvidia 8080 which he use :rofl:
( bit fun must be )

If there is not one of the Nvidia’s 3080 issues, or old nvidia drivers , or some what with the airplane which is used ( mod’ed version ? ) , then reason for 14fps in this position can be the airport. But we not know which airport, so we can not recheck it…
Some users reported also issues after >3h flights ( I never noticed it, but who knows )… Thus, when you got this kind of fps ?

Hey i tried that and it got even worse lol

The airport is Frankfurt Germany but to be honest the FPS is not very impressive at any airport.

ps. This is on a taxi pre flight so not after a long fright.

Serie 3 RTX drivers are still bad.

This FPS seems too low. The lowest I experience anywhere is around 20FPS with a 10700k and 3080 FTW3. That’s landing at Ohare in an A320 too…

1 Like

Just curious do you have Vsync on? Had the same problem until I turned it off both in the Sim and in NVidia settings

I have the same res but running a 1070… Getting constant 30fps on high settings. Somethings wrong.

1 Like

Yea i tried that too vsync is off in both

oh yeah… I know Frankfurt… it is not the cheapest airport in view of performance… but, my 2080ti at 3840x1600 can more do on it… If I not forgot it, I will re-try it tomorrow…

Yeah running at 3840X2160 and everything is good

Yep I am having the same issue with the handcrafted airports where the fps is rather low.I can start off at 35fps @the gate with the a320 and the frames mysteriously drops.I am not having any issues at one of my payware airports.My specs Profile

Is V-Sync = Vertical Sync? My NVIDIA says it is using Default 3D settings! Do I change that to Off?

I have the same specs as you, except I have a 1080 ti. I am running everything at default Ultra 3440X1440 and I get 32 fps. I am at airport EDDF, RWY 18, A230 ready for takeoff, with live overcast weather, 12:00 noon. I am not using any mods. We need a standard test for MSFS to eliminate any varables.

I have been waiting to get the 3080…hmmmm.

2 Likes

Yes Vsync = Vertical Sync found in the MS menu near the top and for NVidia you will have to open profile

Thanks for clarification.

i was using a 1080 before i got my 3080 and the FPS wasn’t much worse than this 3080 is. ( but only in this sim not other games)