High Manipulators thread usage when Audio device is set to "Default"

The manipulators thread usage is very high in this build. Almost doubled.

Trying to revert out of the Beta to confirm but wont let me atm

Yup same my end, adjusting the render scale between 80-150% at 4k has minimal difference in performance.

Same here. Manipulators went from 6ms to 15ms in my usual test on the ground at JFK with everything in ultra, photogrammetry on and Terrain LOD 300 (3D photogrammetry cities deleted to improve performance in my system).

Also when leaving the beta the welcome tab is blank, no world map, flight training, etc. The profile and options tabs work correctly.

Unable to verify:

I don’t have a baseline as to what the values were in SU7.
But here are my manipulator readings for FBW A320, RW26 ESSA - no other mods.

Sim V-Sync 30FPS so if there is higher usage, it is not enough to impacts FPS

I guarantee the manipulators thread was lower in SU7

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version? Microsoft Store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? no

Brief description of the issue: Performance has literally halved, the GPU is only being used 20-40% and the render scale slider has zero effect on the FPS!

1 Like

Just to add, there seems to be minimal difference between 1080p and 4k in terms of FPS> So, something is not right. I run 4k, normally at 80%. Now, there is only 5-6 FPS difference between 80% render scale and 150% render scale (native 4k) Which is crazy!

Sounds like you’re main thread (cpu) limited. Check the dev console for confirmation.

Could be caused by ai traffic - just a guess.

Don’t have AI traffic enabled, and I am main thread limited all the way to 150% render scale. It was never like this before. Ive lost around 15FPS in this build. same settings.

I believe it may be link to the higher manipulators, in the other thread.

Yep I confirm the same issue here. Performance is worse and being CPU limited

Yeah same here

Brief description of the issue: Performance has literally halved, the GPU is only being used 20-40% and the render scale slider has zero effect on the FPS!

If someone who does not have the SU8 BETA is able to post screenshots of there manipulators in the above scenario that will be much appreciated

Not sure about Manipulators, but MainThread performance seems to be distinctly worse. I find it much easier to get CPU-limited at a lower render scale.

first thing I noticed with the new BETA Build was decreased performance as well.
I lost about 25% of FPS and and The graph is now currently red where it was green and only occassionaly yellow before.

I didnt pay attention to details before, so cant tell for the Manipulator, but mainthread definitely got worse with this built.

Lets hope they find the cause and can fix it for final release.

5-minute test at a few places with known settings in a stock plane and an empty Community folder were about 1:1 on DX11 between the live FS2020 and the SU8 Beta. Will report in again if that experience changes.

I did see manipulators pop up a few times for a split second, more than it ever has before, but so far things have been about the same performance-wise.

5800x CPU; RX 6900 XT GPU, for the record.

1 CPU core being maxed out with performance almost the same at 1080p and 4k. My workaround for now is to run 4k with vsync on and limited to 30 FPS which relieves the CPU load on the last core a bit.

Screenshots from SU8 and SU7

SU7 KPHX Cessna

SU8 KPHX Cessna

1 Like