High Manipulators thread usage when Audio device is set to "Default"

Fantastic find, this fixed it for me as well thank you.

2 Likes

This post should be highlighted/pinned!! LOL

I am doing a long haul flight, on hour 5 and my FPS went to17 (4k, ULTRA) and I was getting so frustrated. I switched my audio device settings from default to my actual speakers and now Iā€™m back in the low 40s!!!

I created a new thread about Low FPS and hope itā€™s okay to reference your solution. Not sure some of us would have seen this with current thread title.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, why did Asobo make the sound output settings change? Just trying to understand the need, since you can obviously change your audio settings via Windows?

1 Like

That did it for me, no idea how you found this solution lol, good job!

Reporting your find to the team so they can take a look at this. Thanks!

6 Likes

Hero of the day.
You got me back from 45 to 60 FPS!

1 Like

i logged it with Zen desk

For this beta, you can report issues here and not Zendesk as an FYI! Most of our team is reviewing threads here.

5 Likes

Good work! Setting speaker settings as suggested fixed my FPS issue.

and this proves why Beta testing must continue to be a thingā€¦ :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you !!! Amazing FPS increase !!! :+1:

Someone need to explain that one at Asobo !!!

I wonder how many other ā€œFPS Gemsā€ there are, still waiting to be discovered !!

3 Likes

Sitting on RWY 31L at KJFK, 1440p Ultra but Terrain LOD reduced to 150, Object LOD reduced to 100.

Hereā€™s the default system sound device (~37 fps):

And hereā€™s the default changed to my motherboardā€™s Realtek sound device (44-45 fps):

These results are consistent when I select my external USB sound interface (a PreSonus AudioBox device) or even after switching to DX12 and restarting the simulator.

This kind of behavior is still a mystery to me. I own MSFS since release and every time something broke due to a sim update I got called out by many users for being delusional, after reporting those issues.

Anyway thanks for the fix @mhmaliniak !!

1 Like

can confirm!

Confirmed for me as well!

We were lucky enough to have a way of confirming this particular issue with a setting in sim! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Went from 17ms to 2ms here :slight_smile:

Apparently itā€™s enumerating the devices each frame?

That needs to stop !!! :face_with_thermometer:

In the release notes for the beta they specifically mentioned ā€œaudioā€:

ā€œOn PC, main device output and communication device output can now be managed from the options menuā€œ

Probably some sort of bug was introduced by whatever change was made in this area.

1 Like

Still have issues