Honeycomb Bravo and Honeycomb throttle cutting out when bringing up settings panel

I came across an issue when flying online with a vatsim flight. I was flying the 787 and wanted to check the live weather or at least bring it up to the real world and when i pressed the tab button to bring up the settings both the honeycomb yoke and throttle quadrant cut out and stopped working? I am not sure what sort of fix there is on this or if this is a bug but would be interested to know if anyone else has had the same experience.

Not sure if it was because I hit the TAB button, but I’ve twice had my Alpha yoke die on me in the C172. The second time I immediately re-plugged the USB cable, which “solved” it. A few of the switches had to be toggled to be set correctly in the cockpit, though, so it was a good thing that I was cruising at 7000ft. :wink:

1 Like

I am having same issue. This does not happen immediately after start, but takes a few minutes.

Has to do with the menu bar that opens with tab. Also when this happens I cannot remove the menu bar any more with tab.

The issue is reproduceable, but seems to be an issue of 787 only.
I did a clean PC Windows install (and thus clean MSFR install) - issue stays.

I have CH Products Yoke, Rudder and Bravo throttle - nothing is working when this issue comes up.

yes this is the same issue… it must be a bug when bringin up the menu bar… best thing is not to bring it up mid flight… it worked in the beginning of the flight but after about 35 minutes I tried to change the weather and… stopped working.

thanks

Pete

Similar Issue reported here: Controls lock up after using ATC with 787

I have this issue as well and Made a post about it … sounds exactly like your issue

Would a quick troubleshoot for now would be not to use the external tab function on menu bar windows?

I have been having the same problem for a couple weeks now with the 787. I lose keyboard, mouse, and yoke functions shortly after take-off, sometimes for the remainder of the flight, other times until I’m on approach. I have already filed a report with the Zendesk. Hopefully we’ll see solution soon.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.